SOTD
Pre: Musgo Real Orange Amber Soap
Cream: Ingram
Razor: Merkur Futur (1/2/3)
Brush: Seillean GR24
Blade: Rapira Super Stianless (2)
Balm: Scottish Fine Soaps After Shave Balm
A/S: Fine Fresh Vetiver
Good shave, although the Ingram cream doesn't leave any kind of pot shave feel but it's good during the shave. Fine Fresh Vetiver is brilliant stuff. Have a great weekend :)

IMG_4680.JPG

SOTD Friday March 31st 2017 - Schick Type H1
  • Speick Men shaving cream
  • Muehle 25mm sythetic brush
  • Schick Type H1 razor
  • Chinese Schick blade (1)
  • Alum block
  • Speick Men ASL
  • Speick Men EdT
My first shave with the Schick H1 - the Ladies Fashion Razor.
Eversharp made those from 1947 to 1953.
I got mine for a reasonable price from Ebay France. It looked quite grubby on the images in the listing and I hoped that it would clean up nicely - and it did:
SchickH1TB640.gif

The razor is both smaller and heavier than I expected. The razor itself weighs 35.6g and is 42mm wide and 55mm tall. The cap weighs 40.9g and the razor with the cap is still 42mm wide, but 60mm tall. This makes for a really neat and small travel razor with the blade nicely protected by the cap.
It seems that the spring on Tom's Bunny V3 injector was inspired by the H1 and I determine that I should hold it at a similar angle. This should suit me fine after 60+ shaves with the Bunny V3. The lack of a proper handle reminds me of the Bigelow-Parkin folding razor. You use your arm as an extension of the razor. Your arm is the handle. This is how I will approach this razor then.
I've been told that a Chinese Schick blade is the way to go with the H1 and I inject a fresh one.
It's a Ladies Razor, so to assert my masculinity I opt for Speick Men products from start to finish :D
That Speick Men cream is marvellous. Slick, protective and then even more slick and it smells of Speick - what's not to like?
Of course I go for my standard pass-around/new razor four pass WTG,XTG,GTX,ATG shave. Seems like a lot, but with good prep and absolutely NO PRESSURE this gives me consistent, skin friendly and smooth results. Works for me.
Right from the start the H1 and I click. Yes, this shaves a bit like the Bunny V3 and that's more than just a good thing. There is not much audible feedback, but I can feel the Chinese Schick blade doing its work. There is nowhere for the removed lather to go, so the razor requires frequent rinsing. Not a problem. It doesn't clog, there is just a build up of lather beneath the head.
This tiny razor is very manoeuvrable. There is no long handle to be moved around. Around the chin line, under the nose, whichever direction - it's easy.
After four uneventful, yet enjoyable passes I'm left with a near perfect shave. Even hours later there is not a hint of stubble. The alum block and ASL have a little sting, but not too much. This little hussy (as they call the H1 on the US forums) is very impressive. If I had a 'rotation', this would be part of it. It will be used frequently, that's for sure.
Conclusion:
OH YES!

Friday 31st March 2017

sotd 31st mar.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Lord Super Chrome (#2)
Brush: Vie Long Horse hair
Cream: La Toja Classic
AS: 4711 lotion + Nivea Sensitive Balm

After yesterdays success with a Lord Super Chrome I was expecting the same or better from the Fatip, I was not disappointed. A great shave, more blade feel with the Fatip compared to the iKon 101 but still so very smooth with a really close result. The alum block stung a bit under my chin but not much. I will look out for some more of these Lord Blades, well worth adding some to the growing blade stash.

The Vie Long Horse hair brush was only about £5 but it works really well, only tried it with creams so far but it is great little brush.

Last edited:
My first SOTD here -

Razor - Progress set on three
Blade - Lada, third outing
Brush - Semouge 1305
Soap - Wickham Cirtrus Musk
Post - allum and witch hazel
A/S - Artic Kinesia - Spanish
Balm - Myrsol emulsion.

It's nice when I see beyond my badgers, the 1305 is a great brush. It's properly broken in. Good shave before a long day at work. Enjoy yours. I.

Razor: Schick G
Blade: Schick (3)
Brush: Shavemac ATG LE The Rowl Silvertip
Soap: Route 66 Perfect Storm
Aftershave: Folsom & Co. Shambala
Bowl: Symmetrical Starry Night Dottie Bowl

Very good shave this evening. I'll start a new focus tomorrow when I figure out what I want to focus on for the next 30 days. Have a good weekend!
29 03 17g.jpg

sotd%20170402_zpsgc1wgcew.jpg

Pre:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE Platypus Manchurian White 2017
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
EDC: Farina Original 1709

Lovely three pass shave - very smooth and close. The Platypus brush is getting very soft now - a pleasure to use.

sotd%20170402_zpsgc1wgcew.jpg

Pre:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE Platypus Manchurian White 2017
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
EDC: Farina Original 1709

Lovely three pass shave - very smooth and close. The Platypus brush is getting very soft now - a pleasure to use.
Good picture with a beautiful brush.

Back
Top Bottom