S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th March to Friday 31st March 2017

Razor , Gillette slim adjustable 63 (7)
Blade , Astra SP (3)
Brush , Maseto 33mm 2 band
Soap , Wickham cashmere
Post , Thayers cucumber , Dove ASB
A/S , Fine platinum
20170330_175639.jpg
Nice smooth shave was had today with the slim.
First outing for the Maseto 2 band,@Benz3ne , The knot is well formed and the handle has a good heft to it.I gathered up the soap straight from the puck and when applied to the face the tips were soft with no scritch .
All in all I am pleased with the performance of the Maseto and if you factor in the price ,I think I'm on to a winner.
Finished off th shave with the Fine platinum for that nice scent and post shave feel.

ENJOY YOUR DAY FELLAS

wlu3ox.jpg

Brush: Stirling Finest Badger 26mm Fan (Butterscotch)
Razor: Merkur 34C HD w/ Astra SP (1)
Soap: Stirling Soaps Autumn Glory

The brush and soap perfromed wonderful, as expected. I did start my lather a little too wet but redeemed it by the end.

I was reading a thread on here about Astra's so that's why I used one today. I will be honest and say that although I have no nicks, cuts or irritation it didn't feel a comfortable shave, blade felt tuggy and not as smooth as others do. It's not the razor, so it has to be the blade. I got this blade from a plastic pouch where I kept loose blades so I'll get a fresh blade from an unopened pack tomorrow and try the same hardware set up, perhaps it's just a duff blade.

Great close and comfortable shave this morning. My third time using 'Spitfire' and I'm very impressed with the performance and scent.

33712452116_f16010d33a_c.jpg

Pre shave: Neutrogena face wash > Proraso menthol & eucalyptus pre shave cream > soap bloom water

P&B 'Spitfire' face lathered with the Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic

Merkur slant 39c with a feather blade (3)

Post shave: Cold water rinse > alum block > cold water rinse > Thayers rose witch hazel > Lucky Tiger after shave & face tonic

Fri 31st March
Omega 11137 boar
Lea classic soap
ES S/S Claymore SE razor
Schick Proline P-20
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Lea Classic A/S lotion

Though the Claymore is a bit of a Heavy Weight at 143gms, I have no problems handling it. It is quite instinctive to just let the weight of the Razor do the work, once the correct shaving angle has been found. In some cases with lighter razors I find myself applying pressure to get rid of whiskers, scraping rather than let the razor do the work.

I note that the new Brass General has arrived [ sold out !], and I believe there is a significant weight increase to the new model. I like the Head of the aluminium one, but only use it well by replacing the original handle with a heavy S/S one. I really enjoyed todays shave, probably the best of the week.

IMG_1218.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom