S.O.T.D. Saturday 20th May to Friday 26th May 2017

Morning all

Soap - Dark Star - I am falling in love with this soap.
Brush - Semogue 2000 - 4th use so still breaking in
Razor - Mingshi 2000S
Blade - Astra SP (2)

Two days growth and the first test for the Mingshi - the weekend shave where I take my time, and really enjoy the whole process.
Result - A very nice shave indeed.

The Mingshi 2000S is a keeper.
Tell me more about this dark star soap please :)

wtar7o.jpg

Brush: Vie Long 04503
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 w/ Pal Blue Carbon (1)
Soap: Proraso Red Shaving Cream
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe VEra Gel & Proraso Red Aftershave

Here went an experiment with SE razors. My first pass felt very tuggy, not comfortable but no nicks, irritation. Maybe that's how an SE shave feels at first? Could be me and being new to it but I was expecting the worst. As the passes went on the comfort increased, did a full shave including ATG on my sensitive spots with no issue. I am every encouraged by it. The audible feedback was superb and whilst the comfort at first wasn't too much the end result shows there was nothing untoward. I have 5 of these Pal blades and 5 Personna Gem blades, should be enough for 60 or so shaves I think.

Used Proraso because of the pre-shave wanted a bit of extra protection using a new style of razor. Plus you can't beat some old favourites. Really enjoy this scent which is a rarity because aside from this brand, my skin doesn't get on with sandalwood.

Sunday 21 May 2017

yYlqVwlQnY9avT8PRRR1f3F_fHcJUEZglODVLg_GKNiXFU0HavTELFR-9zwMzTERcdFMuz8vAnfWjbrpG6EZ3BO9Io9jnpT6Uw=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi CarboInox USA

Mastro Livi CarboInox will never stop amazing and charming me. First of all for the incredible performance in shaving, always giving a super smooth shave with a super cutting edge. Secondly, for the mesmerizing look Mastro Livi gives to his CarboInox blades. This one is a "simple" pattern with carbon steel plaques in the outer layers while the middle cutting layer is made of stainless steel. Then the scales of this beautiful straight razor. They are made of natural buckeye burl with a lovely insert of the USA flag made of coral (red) fossil mammoth ivory (white) and lapis lazuli (blue). A masterpiece or beautiful elegance with a great performance in shaving. When art meets craftsmanship. Excellent job, Mastro Livi!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Weleda Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Club Super Silvertip Badger, Poplar, Black Ebony, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox USA, 13/16 Full Hollow, Spanish Point, Buckeye Burl
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Pino Silvestre

Simple but effective shave today. Hone 15a with Rapira Plat Lux. Shavemac Snowman unique fan,Tabac shave stick. Great DFS no drama.

Why do I buy £20 soaps when Palmolive is 49p?

I sold off all my soaps and now have three good sticks. All i need [emoji16]

How you liking the type15a razor?
Im really thinking of ordering one soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday

Snapseed.jpg

Fine platinum soap and aftershave left me smelling ace. Close shave with a derby on its 2nd use but bit of struggle against the grain so had a couple weepers. Futur was set to #5. For those who haven't tried Fine's soaps, I'd say give them a go, you won't be disappointed! Lather built in no time with my 26mm silver tip.

Hope your weekends have been good chaps!

I sold off all my soaps and now have three good sticks. All i need [emoji16]

How you liking the type15a razor?
Im really thinking of ordering one soon.

It is better than I expected TBH. It's lightweight, comfortable in the hand and gives a smooth non threatening shave. If you like a bit of heft it isn't for you but if you are happy with lightweight razors it shaves really well. I must slot a feather in next time.

It is better than I expected TBH. It's lightweight, comfortable in the hand and gives a smooth non threatening shave. If you like a bit of heft it isn't for you but if you are happy with lightweight razors it shaves really well. I must slot a feather in next time.

I actually prefer light weight razors. Some of my best shave have come from a cheap wilkinson sword plastic razor [emoji16]

Everyone on the forum that own a Type15a have said it really is a great comfortable shave.

Back
Top Bottom