S.O.T.D. Saturday 20th August to Friday 26th August 2016

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage 1964 rebranded Macys silvertip flopmeister
1958 Executive/Personna74 NOS
XPEC Original Original SC
no aftershave needed
Annick Goutal 'Eau d' Hadrien' EdT (lotsa lemon and other citrus)

Last three days I've used the same razor, blade, and cream and each shave has been excellent! Got the Exec dialed in juuust right for this sharp old blade and zero feeling of any resistance on my face during the whisker whacking. Poifect everything!

BBS results,

Martin

Schick Krona razor
Lord Super Chrome blade (new)
Omega (Gen. 3) shave "croap"
RazorRock "Bruce" synthetic brush

Two quick points here. The latest Gen. 3 Omega Shave Soap (tub) is THE best mass production shave soap I have had the pleasure to use and I have used aplenty. I have never used a soap so easy to lather, so creamy, "cushiony" & with superb glide as this one. I rate it higher than 99.99% of artisan soaps as it's that damn good. ;)

Secondly, the Lord flagship blades (Platinum & Super Chrome) are IMO the closest in "feel" to the old "Golden Age" Wilkies made in England and they are dirt cheap to boot. Try one.

Last edited:
image.jpg SOTD. Sunday 21 August 2016. Good morning to you all.

Prep...shower
Pre shave...bloom water
Razor...ATT S2
Blade...Asra SP #2
Brush...omega boar
Soap...OSP SR
Post shave...thayers AF WH
EDT...CK One

A clean and close shave without any drarma, finished with a splash of WH, followed by a spray of CK One.
Feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday. Over and out.

TvDmGuth.png

The post shave on this soap is frigging ridiculous. I was in two minds to put on a balm, but I did in the end & my face feels great now!

SOTD: 21st August 2016.
sunday shave..jpg
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower./ Imperial leather Peppermint&Eucalyptus shower Gel / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Gillette Slim twist.
  • Blade:Gillette Silver Blue. (1)
  • Brush: Erasmic Bristle.
  • Cream: Groomed Shave Cream. + 4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S:Barbon Eucalyptus Aftershave.
  • after yesterday's superb shave i carried on with my Slim Twist & Gillette Silver Blue blade..another 3 pass+pick up's silky smooth no irritation shave, the silver blues are such excellent blades. I finished off with a good splash of Barbon aftershave, another holiday present from Hungary. which was first time use today it's got the same cool kick as alcolado glacial:confused:..excellent stuff well pleased, lovely cool fresh feeling with just a slight sting ,when applied...have a great sunday.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom