S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st April to Friday 7th April 2017

Full beard and head shave with the DeHaven 3, Personna injector, AOS Sandalwood. As Tom found in his DeHaven, an aggressive shave but smooth going on the beard. The handle is awkward for the grip changes the head shave requires and it was tricky to maintain proper angle so not as easy there but ultimately a fine shave.
e7cf3d64b2402adb8cdf0e53c090f969.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Saturday 1st April 2017

SOTD 1st April.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Schick Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna (#2)
Brush: Proraso Boar
Soap: Wickham 1912 Magnum
AS: Pinaud Clubman Lotion

Another absolutely fantastic shave from the Schick Adjustable today, last time it was set to 3 and felt mild but very efficient, decided to go up to 5 and it makes a noticeable difference. The Wickham 1912 Magnum worked superbly, with the soaked Proraso Boar brush helping to make a fantastic lather. End result was an extremely close shave, some minor irritation after the shave but that soon faded, and boy does that Pinaud Clubman make your face glow when first applied, not stinging but kind of the opposite of that menthol effect you get from some other lotions.

Greetings

Saturday 1st April 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Kampfe Bros. Star Lather Catcher
Blade: Kampfe Bros. Star
Brush: Vulfix / L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Vitos Extra Super
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT.: Pal Zileri Cuoio

I purchased this old lather catcher several years ago but I have only ever had one joint of the two joint handle that goes with it and no blade holder for stropping. I have kept a look out for another joint but have never found one in all those years, it is possible to shave with the one joint but it makes the handle only about an inch and a half long. Problem solved, the handle from my GEM Junior Bar has the same coarse thread.

I have to say that this is not a very nice shaving razor at all, it only has a fairly small blade gap but the blade protrudes to the end of the comb making it very (and unnecessarily) aggressive, it gives a close but fierce and unpleasant shave; not a face friendly razor by any standards and certainly not in my top ten razors. These old Kampfe blades are relatively soft steel and hone to a lovely gentle forgiving edge when used in my other razors so it's nothing to do with the blade.

Regards
Dick.

1.4.17.JPG

Evening chaps!
No shave since Wednesday night as ivw been away roughing it with a load of mates, so I got back two hours ago after a knackering four hour drive home, grubby, smelly and bristley.
So very long hot shower,
Exec pre shave oil,
1912 Irish firn #1
Fatip grand,
Voskhod #1
Kent bk4.
3 pass with two tiny weepers.
An excellent shave, smooth as I could ever wished for.
Splash of thayers rose water.
Feel fantastic, which is surprising considering I've had roughly eight hours sleep since Wednesday.
IMAG0342_1.jpg

Last edited:
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Merkur 34C HD
Blade – Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - The 'Americana' (Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band)
Soap – Chiseled Face – Midnight Stag
Post - Cold water rinse, The Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint Aftershave Splash

WOW, that woke me up....the Merkur 34C HD/Polsilver Super Iridium combo, as always, worked like a charm, and The 'Americana'/Midnight Stag combo was an absolute pleasure to use. What really slapped me in the chops was the kick that The Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint Aftershave Splash gave. By 'eck, that made me bloody eyes water.:eek:

Shaving head today 01-04-17
Soap Portus cale, brush LS badger finest 30mm (I forgot it in the photo), Razor Le Fin XIX siecle France 6/8, cologne amanecer en el campo de Heno de Pravia, Clarins Men balm, cologne special reserve Brut .
Obtaining fast vegan foam, which already knows its density compared to sebum with this badger, this razor style shaves wonderfully, although it is a cutting edge that allows less errors because of the thinness of the blade, Pravia hay is not After but I love that simple aroma, that's why I supplement it with the Clarins balm which is very good, absorbs quickly and leaves the skin very well, a dash of Brut and ready to leave the wake of rider behind the bike.
65ab84a5d682360ce1ffcd6179d8bec1.jpg

Enviado desde la guarida del lobo estepario...
Sent from the lair of the steppe wolf...

What! Never tried Tabac.....you don't know what you are missing, it really is one of the old school soaps that hasn't been changed along the way. Just buy a stick of the stuff to start off with just to make sure you love it, I'm sure you will. Everyone should have some in their soap stash! :)
101% still my favourite, but it's being given a run for its money by a few recent additions.

101% still my favourite, but it's being given a run for its money by a few recent additions.
I wouldn't go as far to say it's my favourite but it comes close to the top of my list but I would never not have any about, it is one of those must have soaps, it's as good as my Old spice for quality of lather and lathering and it's still with us and untouched after all these years, I wish I could say the same about Old Spice......RIP! :)

Mother Natures April Fools Prank.
1 04 17b.jpg
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Personna 74 Tungsten Plus (1)
Brush: Elite Razor Tres Amigos Desert Ironwood Beehive w/Envy White
Soap: Route High Mountain Mist
Aftershave: Folsom & Co. Capri
Bowl: Symmetrical Blue & Lt. Purple Dottie Bowl

Needless to say I was a little surprised this morning. Very good 3 passes with a light touch up this afternoon.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 02 April 2017

Brush: - Semogue 2000 25/58mm
Lather: - Squadron Soap - Ace (Aussie made shaving soap)
Bowl: - Omega Via Barberia Ceramic Shaving Bowl
Razor: - Merkur 34C
Blade: - Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow Sharp Edge #3
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Australian Private Reserve 'Sandalwood, Lime, Verbena' Aftershave Splash

Back
Top Bottom