S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st April to Friday 7th April 2017

Look forward to your review. I've never tried Tabac. I know it's highly regarded. I'll have to give it a sniff next time I'm in Boots.
What! Never tried Tabac.....you don't know what you are missing, it really is one of the old school soaps that hasn't been changed along the way. Just buy a stick of the stuff to start off with just to make sure you love it, I'm sure you will. Everyone should have some in their soap stash! :)

2vudegx.jpg

Brush: Rod Neep #1810 silvertip
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Soap: Nuavia Verde

A very nice shave today, hoped my Shavemac would arrive to make it a perfect one but nope. Hopefully Monday.

The soap is a very nice lather, my only complaint is the scent is a bit weak to me. Didn't feel like I could smell it too much, maybe it's me and not the soap so I will see again.

A new Astra SP today and it felt a much better shave than yesterday, must have been a duff blade.

Topped off very nicely by the Oud 24 Hours, smells absolutely beautiful.

Sat 1st April

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Blue`s Soap
Ever Ready 1924 + S/S handle
Gem coated [ 4 ] with 1/2 Spine Shim
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Tuff Green A/S lotion.

Patent Anniversary Shave- Ever Ready 1924
Since first using a 1924 in its original form, I have fitted one with a longer/heavier handle and also add a 1/2 spine shim to the blade. I now find the 1924 to be a very smooth and efficient Razor, which delivers really close Shaves, its
looks belying its age. Never seem to have problems when using it, and the application of Alum is not really needed, but has become a habit with me.

IMG_1220.jpg

00602dc93571195842d53d28e4d80e11.jpg

-Lutters 5/8"
-Omega 49
-Reef Point Espresso
-Stirling Sandalwood

Somehow this razor took a liking to (or took pity upon) my extremely amateur honing skills, and took an amazing edge for me. I have had a couple of the best straight shaves yet with this little guy.

An added bonus is that my wife thinks it is a really cool piece and it sort of awakened a little enthusiasm (wishful thinking) for my hobby. She looked at all of my little straight collection (maybe she was humoring me??), but seemed genuinely interested in the vintage ones. I guarantee she never once so much as looked sideways at a Wolfman or an ATT.

adbjRpI.jpg

Sat 01/04/17

Pre: Shower + Olive Oil
Soap: Body Shop Macca Root
Brush: Midas Ebony & Ivory 26mm Silvertip
Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf w/GEM PTFE
Post: Cold water, alum, witch hazel, Brut Alaska aftershave & EDT

New blade despite palm stropping was still a bit harsh, got a good clean finish but a fair amount of irritation.
First of many SOTD photo's, not bad for a phone and someone who struggles to hold it steady.

Back
Top Bottom