S.O.T.D. Saturday 1st April to Friday 7th April 2017

@Digimonkey Thanks for the feedback, I have a Slim which the previous owner said set it on 5 and I have to say it worked well and I usually just stick with it on that setting, since getting the Fatboy back I thought I would see what it was like at the extremes. (I like the Spinal Tap quote - one of my favourite films).

I think I prefer the Slim to the Fatboy, I also have a Wizamet W-11 and that one really does go to 11! Not on the dial but on the feel, it only needs to be used on 3 or even 2 to shave like the Slim. Keeping with the Spinal Tap theme, I find the Fatboy gives more audio feedback than the Slim and the Wizamet is even louder than the Fatboy.

Thanks @Bizzyberry - The Slim - it's more sexy than sexist? Smell the lather. The feedback on the Fatboy? - don't even look at it. No don't. Listen to it..... must go - mime is money. I.

Shaving of the day. The proraso a mid-range soap but, the finest badger brush in aluminum handle by Alfredo Miguel, the Japanese Handcrafted Razor 6/8 I always enjoy it, we close with the Williams aqua velva sport and the Coty wild citrus cologne, simple to citrus , very light, does not last long, dominates the aqua velva that prolongs moderately, make a good match for the heat.
882e49f27eb2725bfd53f659f2178afc.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

Razor ,, ATT R1 Kronos
Blade ,, Gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge (1)
Brush ,, Maseto 2 band
Soap ,, Essence of Scotland,, Highland bothy
Post ,, Lucky tiger , Dove ASB
L'occitane vetyver EDT
20170406_215536.jpg
Lunch today with the wife at the Venacher lochside restaurant, an hours drive north of Glasgow.
Then it's a nice walk with our dog to the Bracklinn falls bridge
bracklinn-falls-bridge.jpg
and onwards to the Callander crags.

ENJOY YOUR DAY FELLAS

kcxog4.jpg

Brush: Omega 11126
Razor: PAA Opencomb Bakelite Slant
Soap: Cella
Post: Thayers Rose Witch Hazel & Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

Gave the Bakelite Slant another run out, undecided on it. It's efficient but feels a bit tooaggressive and uncomfortable for my tastes, the first shave was good but this second was not too clever. Possibly coming to a BST near you in the future!

The rest of the shave was wonderful, a well loaded brush of Cella makes for a very lovely lather indeed. Mentolado Vigoroso is a perfect aftershave for a warm, sunny day like today. Off to walk the dog now, enjoy your day chaps!

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Cream: Geo.F. Trumper Eucris
Razor: Parker Variant (4/3/2)
Brush: IC Shaving Brushes Custom- 24mm Tuxedo Knot
Blade: Perma Sharp Stainless (1)
Balm: Taconic Shave Unscented
A/S: Nivea Men 2 Phase After Shave

This new brush from IC Shaving Brushes is fantastic with the 24mm Tuxedo knot. The Nivea men 2 phase aftershave smells very similar to Skin Bracer and leaves the face feeling fantastic. Brilliant stuff. Have a great weekend :)

IMG_4728.JPG

Back
Top Bottom