Friday 7th...greetings all.

Cream - Proraso M&E
Brush - Semogue 1470
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Aristocrat 1947
Blade - Feather Hi-Stainless #4
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Smell - 4711 EdC

I just noticed that this was the first time for a while I'd used a Feather in any other razor than my 34C. It worked beautifully in the Aristocrat; even on its 4th outing. Very close, smooth finish.

After about eight months of 'cold water' shaving, it's my MO from now on. Warm water for face prep, but cold water rinsing between passes and cold water rinsing of razor. Cold water for final rinse off. No irritation ever (barring occasional lapse in technique: rushing, for example).

Hope this finds you all well.

S.
20170407_164240.jpg

Photo%207-4-17%2023%2008%2012_zpshjzdxdts.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Razor Master Toivo Pine Tar
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Personna Triple Life (3)
EDP: APR General Ledger

Dermatologists often prescribe pine tar products, due to their skin-friendly properties. Funny to think that the Finns were onto this in the late 19th century with their shaving soaps. Love my Toivo.
The Vintage Personna blade has slightly more blade feel than most vintage blades I have tried, but so far its performance has been very good indeed.
The new APR range of EDP's is outstanding - the General Ledger is a dark, mysterious and complex take on Fougère.

Hello all. A little slow off the mark, however. here's the set up from this morning:

Razor Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade Wilkinson / Gillette
Stick La Toja
Brush Vie Long
Aftershave Quorum
SOTD 7.4.17.jpg
Lovely smooth shave, good razor / blade pairing, and the fist time I've used the La Toja stick.Very impressed, great lather, & a fantastic 'woody' scent - complimented with a good splash of Quorum.
Honourable mention to Lou - blades & stick, many thanks....

Friday 7th April 2017
SOTD 7th april .JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Hydra Power Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Polsilver Stainless (#4)
Brush: Proraso Boar
Soap: Monsavon
AS: Lucido

Almost the same set up as yesterday, switched the Fatboy for the Fatip. The Fatip wins, just as close, very smooth and no irritation. The Polsilver blade still feels perfectly good at shave no. 4.

@Digimonkey I think you are right about the Fatboy/Slim at the upper end of the scale and the irritation for some folk, I can shave OK with them on 9 but a better overall shave for me only really needs them set to around 5. Never had to shave off heavy growth with an adjustable so I can see where the adjustability has some additional use, I normally just reach for an open comb razor if I have a heavy beard growth to mow down.

Fri 7th April
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Speick Active
PAL S/S Adjustable- No 1
Schick " Chick" [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off

Continuing with the PAL theme, dug out my first PAL adjustable, not used for some time. Needed to reassure myself that it was working OK. No worries, started off on 1 above mid point for cheeks, then dropped down a notch to complete the Shave.

Very pleased that not only was the Shave smooth and comfortable, but the all round finish was very
good. I know many are disappointed with this quirky Razor, but I am A mega fan of both PALs as I get
fantastic Shave results with them. Perhaps it helped that I had mastered SE razors and other
Injectors before trying the PALs. I find that for me, this Vintage S/S Injector delivers better and more
consistent Shaves than my Supply Single Edge.

IMG_1232.jpg

Shaving today with soap osma tradition, manchurian badger brush Zenith Foro Afeitado Clasico, razor Alberto Castro 8/8, after shave Pinaud clubman, aqua di Parma intense cologne. I had my doubts about the soap I released, but I liked it, smelling soft but nice, easy to foaming and sliding from the razor, good post shave feeling. Conclusion: Magnificent shave.
e0a25d270ce99e1e347f298fb53f2bad.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom