S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th Febuary to Friday 24th Febuary 2017

SOTD: 21st Febuary 2017.
C.3.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cien: “Sport” shower gel & Shampoo/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Erasmic Pure Bristle.

Cream : Ingram Menthol.

Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (new)

Razor: Parker 92R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Alcolado Glacial Mentholated Splash Lotion.

Arko “Fresh” A/S Balm.

I've got a massive head cold at the moment,the last few days i've been having some steam head baths with a few menthol crystals in a bowl of warm water,which has worked wonders for my cold and sinuses..Menthol kick tuesday..a excellent way to ease a head cold.The ingram/ Alcolado Glacial splash duo is certainly a good way to clear the old sinuses, and have a wonderful shave at the same time..Feeling cool smooth, & refreshed. Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
b50d871a0161d15b8f5c00c9175ebc6c.jpg

Not bad, not bad at all.

PAA Cavandish Soap
Tom White Custom Aluminium Rubberset Manchurian Fan
Merkur Futur
Gillette Swedish Platinum (6)
PAA Cavandish Splash
PAA Cavandish Deodorant

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cavendish is a wonderful scent.

Greetings

Tuesday 21st February 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick G8
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Whipped Dog Synthetic
Cream: Rose Of Bulgaria
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Gres Cabochard

This is the first time I have used this shaving cream. I found it very good, plenty of slip, super easy to lather and the lather does not collapse, a very delicate rose scent that vanishes within seconds and it is reasonably cheap.

Regards
Dick.

21.2.17.JPG

Tuesday
Razorock 24mm synth.
P&B Star Noir.
Vostok 5/8.
Warm/alum/cold.
Fine L'orange Noir.
Argan oil.

A positively night-themed shave. Invoking images of stars, literal and figurative, the pitch-darkness and satellites in orbit. Deep musk was complimented with crisp sweetness.

A decent enough shave. The razor mowed down hairs with apparent ease but I'm not feeling particularly smooth. I think today was a lapse-in-ability day. I've had some ingrowing hairs on my neck recently so these have caused a little issue but nothing to shout home about. I think I'll use the Vostok as a practice razor for stropping for the near future as I seem to be getting far better results with my Niazi. On an aside, the Razorock synth is glorious. An eruption of lather with relative ease and beautifully soft on the face. It's chalk-and-cheese compared to the Body Shop synth it's overthrown.

SOTD3_zpsj6x2p1ai.jpeg

Tues 21st Feb

Omega 11137 boar
Lea Classic soap
Schick I 1 injector
Schick Twin [ 1- Japan ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Finally got round to using a Twin Blade in this razor. This Razor like most of the Schicks after the E are known as being mild razors. However, when fitted with a Twin you get blade feel in a nice way , and it shaves so smoothly and easily that I attained an ultra close all round finish. IMHO as good as those I have achieved with The General, so will be interested to see how many shaves I can get with it.

Definitely recommend the use of a Twin if you are getting average results from your later model Schick , they do not fit the Hydro-Magic models.

IMG_1170.jpg

Pre: Gillette Series Irritation Defence Pre Shave Wash
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #22
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Yellow SharpEdge (1)
Soap: Vintage P160
Brush: EJ 25mm Synthetic

efd4836e813e33af0e87e97ed91c0233.jpg

It's my birthday, so time for a relaxed shave today. First time using my newly acquired #22, everything else is tried and tested. All in all a fantastic shave.

Pre: Gillette Series Irritation Defence Pre Shave Wash
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #22
Blade: Gillette 7O'Clock Yellow SharpEdge (1)
Soap: Vintage P160
Brush: EJ 25mm Synthetic

efd4836e813e33af0e87e97ed91c0233.jpg

It's my birthday, so time for a relaxed shave today. First time using my newly acquired #22, everything else is tried and tested. All in all a fantastic shave.

Happy birthday, SeanC

Back
Top Bottom