S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th Febuary to Friday 24th Febuary 2017

Friday AM 2017-02-24

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Elite Razors Bloody Basin Jasper Ovation, Manchurian White (28mm/57mm)
Boellis Panama 1924 shaving soap
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Corinthian
Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Love My Skin Almond aftershave
yYSRyzs.jpg

Fri 24th Feb
Vulfix 404 mixed
Lea Classic soap
Ever Ready "Streamline"
Gem S/S [ 6 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Today , I was very keen to try out my bargain "Streamline " , which arrived yesterday. This one was nice and shiny,
with no brassing so thought what a bargain. However,after a couple of strokes felt pricking on one side, and to my
dismay found the blade had shifted, as cap of blade stop had partially disappeared.

Being somewhat stubborn I reset the Blade, and continued the shave slowly and with care. I am pleased to say that
I survived with no blood spilt, and attained the usual Superior Streamline shave, that I have got used to. Well it will make an interesting paper weight, or might use the handle on a 1924.

I did contact the Vendor who was not into Razors, she was pleased no blood shed and already has given me a nice refund. Well the seized up Gillette is going to a new Home, and the PAL I also got in the multi buy is lovely.

IMG_1179.jpg

Last edited:
Friday 24th February 2017

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (#2)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver Tip
Cream: Proraso Blue
AS: Proraso Blue Balm

Another great shave today, the Fatip delivers as usual, the Rapira Platinum Lux blade is very good, maybe not the very best but good enough to buy more of them, they look a good price too.

Tuesday 2/21/17

Jojoba and Grapeseed oil preshave
RazoRock 400 Synthetic brush
Arko cream
PILS razor
Rapira Super Stainless blade
Thayers Unscented witch hazel
British Sterling aftershave
Every Man Jack Fragrance Free balm

After picking up a Tradere SB and absolutely loving the shave with it, I had to buy a PILS, as they have the similar shave angle as well as a cap that covers the sides of the blades. A feature that works great for me, especially on the neck. I can highly recommend the PILS to anyone enjoying a comfortable mild/mid range shave.

49c0c2362eddcb64a3e433bc2942daa1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice set up.

Back
Top Bottom