S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th Febuary to Friday 24th Febuary 2017

20170224_SOTD_S_zpsygfex311.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Weper PH UFO Titan L
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-Band
Lather:
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Greetings

Friday 24th February 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick I1
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Erasmic
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Chanel No. 19

It's the bin for the Erasmic, in my opinion it is poor, it just seems to lack any real slip/slide, I am 90% sure using these pucks several years ago I found them perfectly ok in every respect, I suspect reformulation has had a hand here. A shame the puck has joined the ranks of the Erasmic stick ie p**s poor, the cream still remains very decent though IMHO.

Regards
Dick.

24.2.17.JPG

Last edited:
Friday...

Soap - Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica (sample)
Brush - Semogue 1470
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable (6)
Blade - Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow #2
Post - Thayer's
Smell - Al Rehab Silver EdP

Smooth as you like today. The agar wood notes of the Tundra Artica picks up nicely with those of the faux Silver Mountain Water.

Well my 1st ever DE shave has just happened, not as scary as I thought. Certainly a much closer shave then before. I reckon I could have got it even better with 3 passes, but i'm not going to push my luck at the moment until I get the hang of it. Thanks to all the help & advice, great forum this. I can see me wanting to buy more soaps & creams. I need to buy a shaving bowl too. Anyway products used.

Edwin Jagger DE 3D in black
Astra Superior Platinum Blade
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Medium Brush
Palmolive Men Classic Cream
Bowl - Our Lasses Cereal Bowl :p
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Cream

Well my 1st ever DE shave has just happened, not as scary as I thought. Certainly a much closer shave then before. I reckon I could have got it even better with 3 passes, but i'm not going to push my luck at the moment until I get the hang of it. Thanks to all the help & advice, great forum this. I can see me wanting to buy more soaps & creams. I need to buy a shaving bowl too. Anyway products used.

Edwin Jagger DE 3D in black
Astra Superior Platinum Blade
Edwin Jagger Best Badger Medium Brush
Palmolive Men Classic Cream
Bowl - Our Lasses Cereal Bowl :p
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Cream

Well done , and looking forward to seeing many more of your shaves on SOTD ;)

EeHU1Y.jpg

Brush: Rod Neep #1810 - Short Retro Deluxe
Razor: Hone Type 15
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements 11235

It's been a while since I used 4711, the PAA soap is a near identical match. Wonderful! Lovely Rod Neep silvertip I got off a BST, said a dragon but is a Welsh dragon, result! It was my first use of the Hone with a Treet Carbon blade, a got a nice shave with no issues but I don't find the blade the most comfortable to use, doesn't feel as smooth as some others I prefer, could always be user error but they're not for me.

Wednesday
Valobra Stick
Cadman L7 Synthetic
ATT SE1 / Feather Pro (1)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel

Thursday
Cella
RazoRock Disruptor Synthetic
ATT SE1 / Feather Pro (2)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel

Today
Art Of Shaving Sandalwood tallow soap
Cadman L7 Synthetic
Mongoose B3 / Feather Pro (3)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel

Finally back online after 3 days with internet down :)

EeHU1Y.jpg

Brush: Rod Neep #1810 - Short Retro Deluxe
Razor: Hone Type 15
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements 11235

It's been a while since I used 4711, the PAA soap is a near identical match. Wonderful! Lovely Rod Neep silvertip I got off a BST, said a dragon but is a Welsh dragon, result! It was my first use of the Hone with a Treet Carbon blade, a got a nice shave with no issues but I don't find the blade the most comfortable to use, doesn't feel as smooth as some others I prefer, could always be user error but they're not for me.
+ 1 on the 4711 aftershave and cologne ..a superb old school fragrance, which isn't overpowering with a just right lingering power.;)

Back
Top Bottom