S.O.T.D Saturday 17th May to Friday 23rd May 2014

782sirbrian said:
pjgh said:
Lovely red tip, that, Brian.

Thank you Paul, it's the one I've just had re plated at Prestige.

Yeah, I saw that post ... and you touched up the handle yourself. It's just good to see it in its natural habitat, amongst other shaving kit. Lovely.

Week of British Long Combs

I'm having a week with my British long combs ... Day 1

IMG_6148.JPG

Hot Towel
Mystery Soap No.9
Pure Badger
Gillette New Long Comb
Gillette Silver Blue [1]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Old Spice Original Aftershave

Bowl Lathered
Three Pass - WTG, XTG & GTX

So, first up is a T-pin Gillette with a ball end handle. Well balanced and drove that smooth and efficient Silver Blue perfectly.

The soap is a blind test I'm playing on another forum. Lavender, perhaps Shea. Massive lather, slightly irritating by the third pass.

All in ... cracking!

Looking forward to tomorrow ...

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage 1964 Macys badger ( yes, this brush handle is dated and has the store name on it. and a soft floppy big knot that's fine for creams).
'Webly'/Gillette Stainless Steel (K-1 1965)
Xpec SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
'Jacomo de Jacomo' black bottle EdT ( sad to say, a somewhat current incarnation from maybe only 8-10 years ago but still has some good pop). If you like oakmoss, you should sniff it with patchouli in the mix. That is this stuff.....unusual drydown for sure.

Pretty sure this blade preceded the Spoiler by maybe 5 years or so. Heh, it doesn't even say 'Super Stainless Steel' like some later pre Spoiler ones do. Nice blade actually and one worth using till dull.

BBS results,

Martin

Today's Shave

Feather Artist club
Proguard blade
Kent BK12 Brush
Nanny's Down Home Summer
Result BSS WTG

Didn't like the large spider creeping out of my fresh air vent whilst shaving sod off :huh:

782sirbrian said:
mpf9ret said:
Looking at Myrsol as a potential Aftershave

Great aftershave the Myrsol range you can't go wrong, quite a few with menthol ideal on warm days like today, very refreshing. Gifts & Care or Yourshaving have them.

Cheers Brian,
Have found the Spanish Website, prices look good.

John said:
Today's Shave

Didn't like the large spider creeping out of my fresh air vent whilst shaving sod off :huh:

John, is that spooky old spider gonna give you bad dreams? Best thing's to ask Mrs John to double check around the house before turning in. I bet she is probably not afraid of those, as skeptical as she seems to be.

So buddy, here's a link to something a bit more unusual than a spider peeping out of the vent. On a serious note, this might offend lots of people, so really think about if you wanna watch it. Ok? Just didn't want anyone innocently clicking on it and.......yeah.

I know John will like this thing, so pardon me,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0SSL1cU3c

dodgy said:
John said:
Today's Shave

John, is that spooky old spider gonna give you bad dreams? Best thing's to ask Mrs John to double check around the house before turning in. I bet she is probably not afraid of those, as skeptical as she seems to be.

So buddy, here's a link to something a bit more unusual than a spider peeping out of the vent. On a serious note, this might offend lots of people, so really think about if you wanna watch it. Ok? Just didn't want anyone innocently clicking on it and.......yeah.

I know John will like this thing, so pardon me,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0SSL1cU3c

Lol your right Martin seeing that creeping out of the air vent whilst shaving would rase the eye brows towards the sky alright, but he'd probably just sit in the corner jerking off, right arm a blur, and I'd have to swiftly slice the maggot (could be a bit iffy with pro guard blades)

Interestingly Mrs John don't like spiders! no, but she did shoot one with an air pistol once (a .22 webly and Scott Nemesis, just the compressed air and no pellet that poor barstard was ripped apart :s)

I will confess to letting a large spider under the toilet door whilst she was in there, the scream was impressive, I have the job of removing spiders from the house so they can live :icon_rolleyes:

Lol your right Martin seeing that creeping out of the air vent whilst shaving would rase the eye brows towards the sky alright,

I will confess to letting a large spider under the toilet door whilst she was in there, the scream was impressive, I have the job of removing spiders from the house so they can live :icon_rolleyes:
[/quote]

So John, How many remote control spiders might you like to order? The usual assortment of some with, and some without venom I presume.

You are such a prankster to play fun games like that.

Tuesday morning:

Wade & Butcher Special 6/8"
Simpsons The Commodore X3, Best Badger
D.R. Harris Windsor, soap
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)
D.R. Harris Windsor ASL

Have a great day!

SOTD-2014-05-20-1-Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicron_zps66169d5a.jpg

SOTD-2014-05-20-3-Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicron_zps4b6e49cd.jpg

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: The Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company Bespoke #1
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 - 2 band in Super
Razor: Thiers Issard Spartacus 6/8
Moustache Razor : The Mab Dwarf Razor
AS: Floid Vigoroso

image.php

image.php

SOTD May 20th 2014

Prep : shower + clearasil
Brush : Omega 20248
Cream : Mem Olive
Blade : Q-Ball aka Israeli Personna-Crystal
Razor : Edwin Jagger DE89

Fantastic way to start a very busy weekday, on the road ...Q-Ball will get you going no matter how you're feeling...wonderfully refreshing and uplifting cream...Have a great day gents!

Q-Ball_zps3iw7ns5h.jpg

Razor Filarmonica 14 Novodur Para Professional 8/8
Strop Kanayama Codovan #8000
Brush Simpsons P8
Soap Boellis Panama 1924
Witch Hazel
TFS Bergamot & Neroli Balm
Scent Diptyque Tam Dao EDP.​

Prep.... Face wash + Hot towel
Cream.... TOBS lemon & lime
Brush... No idea
Blade.... Derby extra
Razor.... Weishi
Post...... Alum.. Woospice
Jim

dodgy said:

Lol your right Martin seeing that creeping out of the air vent whilst shaving would rase the eye brows towards the sky alright,

So John, How many remote control spiders might you like to order? The usual assortment of some with, and some without venom I presume.

You are such a prankster to play fun games like that.
[/quote]

I prefer the live ones thanks Martin, the way they look and move really plays with the wife's mind he he :angel:

Back
Top Bottom