Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: Wickhams Super Smooth Bay Rum sample
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Muhle Travel brush
Blade: Voskhod TC (1)
Razor: Fatip + templ8 handle
After: Barbershop Bay Rum, Weleda ASB

Having said this travel brush needed quite a force to spread the bristles I'm finding it is spreading more easily after a few shaves now. Maybe it was because it was new, although I did give it a little bit of rough time leaving it in very hot tap water; maybe that loosened it a bit. Anyway it's improved which I'm happy about.

Not made up my mind about this Voskhod blade yet, actually prefer the Ladas, but it's early days; need a few more goes.

Nice warm Bay Rum theme this morning spoiled a bit by the mintiness of Weleda ASB but not too bad at all.

SOTD140523_zps77e7c87f.jpg

Mr_Smartepants said:
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Custom 782sirbrian Oak handle, birth-coin & 22mm WSP HMW
Razor: Gillette slim adjustable
Blade: Personna "Lab blue" (2)

IMG_20140523_063740.jpg

Good looking gear! May I ask where you got your bowl from?

Week of British Long Combs

I'm having a week with my British long combs ... Day 5

IMG_6171.JPG

Hot Towel
Tabac Shaving Soap
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Gillette Tech Long Comb
Gillette Super Thin (Vintage?) [1]
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Tabac Aftershave
Tabac EDT

Bowl & Face Lathered
Three Pass - WTG, XTG & ATG

I'm sure this is a Frankenrazor, but it's a good one. Absolutely identical in every way to an early Tech except for the long comb and a Gillette Super Thin blade which I think is vintage - help me out, folks, is it?

So ends my week with British Long Combs.

What a great shave and what a great end to the run!

Tomorrow, I'll shave with the Tech equivalent of this razor - absolutely, completely and utterly the same but a solid guard Tech plate instead of the comb.

mulligano said:
akbbiEf.jpg

MRGLO
Village Barber Oil
CJB Kamisori
Dorco Barber Blade
Wickham Soap Company Super Smooth Bay Rum + Krampert's Shave Enhancer
Duke 2 Pure
Matchplay AS
Matchplay EdT

It may be premature, after just one shave, but this razor is amazing! I always wanted to try one, but always bottled it before buying. Bryan very generously put this one up as a PIF a few days ago and I was lucky enough to get it.

It was far easier to use than expected and I could easily have finished after one pass - more than acceptable! Being a sucker for a BBS, I did a second pass and was rewarded with one of the smoothest shaves yet. I did have a fair bit of burn from the alum, so will perhaps concentrate more on pressure or angle next time, but had zero nicks.

Overall, very successful!
Like the look of that blade where may I ask did you buy it from ?

Inker said:

I was actually incredibly lucky in that I was given this as a PIF here on the forum. But there is a member here selling them on ebay and via PM, I believe.

The thread discussing this, with posts from the seller (Mark), is here: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-18726.html

mulligano said:
Inker said:

I was actually incredibly lucky in that I was given this as a PIF here on the forum. But there is a member here selling them on ebay and via PM, I believe.

The thread discussing this, with posts from the seller (Mark), is here: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-18726.html
Hey Mulligano
Thanks for the info lets us know how your future shave go with it

Never got a chance to submit this one on thursday:

22/05/2014

zG0mhC2.jpg

MRGLO
Village Barber Oil
CJB Kamisori
Dorco Barber Blade (3)
Wickham Soap Company Super Smooth Bay Rum + Nivea Shave Cream
Erasmic Bristle
Barbershop Bay Rum

Dropped the lather bowl into the sink so had to add some shave cream to make up for the "dilution". Yet another great shave from the CJB.

Back
Top Bottom