S.O.T.D Saturday 16th November to Friday 22nd November 2013

Face wash with Pears soap
Origin Best Gold Steel in Ebony restored by UKRob
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper
Proraso Red Sandalwood cream (New Formula)
Proraso Green A/S
Tom Ford Noir de Noir

Great start to the weekend :icon_cheesygrin:

Prep: Musgo glycerin soap
Soap/cream: MWF
Razor: Ever Ready (Unknown model)
Blade: Gem (Hand stropped)
Brush: New Forrest Chubby
Bowl: Steve Woodhead bespoke
Post shave: Thayers Witchhazel
After shave: Klamperts Finest Bay Rum (Acadian Spice) with my own added menthol crystals

First ever shave with a single edge and boy is it noisy. Angles will take some getting used to and while not a BBS it's not as far off as I thought it would be. No nicks or weepers either. Also first time ever not getting razor burn against the grain (I only ever do a two pass shave for that reason).

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384598159.494614.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1384598159.494614.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 38
Saturdayday:

Morning, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with Bulldog handle
Blade: Derby (1)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Monsavon
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Brécourt, Mauvais Garçon

A good, close shave to start the new shave week. I've got masses of Derbys but seem to turn to other blades these days, so I'm making an effort use everything in stock. I'm not a hater of Derbys and this one gave me a a good result.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso preshave - sensitive
Soap: Sterling Black Cumin & Orange
Brush: MÜHLE Kosmo silvertip synthetic
Bowl: Woodhead Large Tall scuttle
Razor: Weber polished + Bulldog
Blade: Polsilver (3)
After: WH, 4711 AS, Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

First time using this Sterling soap, the scent is subtle and very pleasant. Again it doesn't explode like the Bay Rum version did and took a long time to generate a lather with enough body. It could be that my scuttle is just too deep to be able to get enough room to lather up this soap. I'll have to try with my pedestal bowl instead which has a lot more room at the top to manoeuvre the brush.
Having said that the lather did perform well when actually shaving, just a little thin. Got a great BBS shave and skin feels nicely conditioned.

Talking to the nice lady at the Clinique counter she said the "M Lotion" (face moisturizer for men) is exactly the same formula as the "Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion" but has additional sun screen. So she gave me a couple of samples. Feels ok, a bit oily, not really needed after using Sterling soap though.

Have a great weekend folks.

SOTD20131116_zps7fc89374.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Chubby 3
Razor: Inoue Tosuke
Soap: Nannys French lavender
AS: Myrsol, Formula C
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Ubeclean :D

Silly sharp and most likely the sharpest of all my blades, even though the edge's a couple of years old ... :D

Saturday 11-16-13. MUSIC: Wes Montgomery - Beginnings.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOpfGc91KZI[/video]

7f08443d-6b24-41fe-bad7-24b72fa6edd2_zps3549a37a.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 25X53 - Feather all stainless - Astra green #5 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Sir Irisch Moos - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Sir Irisch Moos - ASL Sir Irisch Moos.

Saturday 16th November

SOTD161113_zps7c37dae8.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Marlborough soap scuttle lathered
Simpson Emperor 1 super badger brush
Gillette Superspeed
Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Boots Freshwood aftershave

A fine shave. The Harris soaps are top notch very easy to make a good lather. The shave finished off with the cheap Freshwood aftershave.

Saturday

Nanny's French Lavender hard soap
Semogue SOC Boar
iKon Slant
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Fitjar Mint ASB

Lovely shave. I've been forced back to cold water shaving because my boiler's buggered. I love cold water shaving in summer, less so in November! Kettle of water for tomorrow's shave I think.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
Simpson's Colonel X2L, TOBS Jermyn St cream
Feather AS-D2, Polsilver SI (1)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave healer

First time I've used the AS-D2 on a two day growth. It took a few extra touch-ups but otherwise did the business.

Prep: Hot water splash & hot flannel (Saturday afternoon shave)
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: vintage NOS Old Spice soap (thanks Dobbo25)
Brush: unbranded Butterscotch 20mm Silvertip (from Sunburyboy93)
Razor: E&J DE89 Chatsworth handle
Blade: PolSilver Super Iridium (1)

First time using a PolSilver SI blade, first time using this brush, first time using Old Spice soap, first time with this balm. A day of firsts.
Blade was sharp and liquid smooth. NOW I get why everyone loves these.
Soap lathered quickly and was both slick and cushioning. Why did they stop making this again? Scent was pleasant and lingered about an hour beyond my cleanup. SWMBO liked the scent also.
BBS in 2.5 passes with zero irritation. Wonderful!

SATURDAY MORNING

Prep: Warm rinse
Brush: Frank Shaving Purtech
Razor: Kai Captain Excelia kamisori
Blade: Feather Proguard
Soap: Himalaya (courtesy of Mart) - scuttle lathered
EDT: GFT Marlborough

I haven't found this soap to explode with lather, but what it does produce gives plenty of slip and cushion.

The Kai is lighter than the Feather so is maybe a better choice when the blade is newer. Gave a very good shave, albeit it with a couple of weepers.

Back
Top Bottom