S.O.T.D. Saturday 15th October to Friday 21st October 2016

image.jpg SOTD Thursday 20th October 2016.

Razor..ATT H2 Fat handle
Blade..Sputnik kindly given to me by @patw
Soap..OSP Orange & Pattchouli
Brush..Cadman Bell TGN Silvertip

A lovely shave the Sputnik blade worked well with my H2, much like an Astra SP . Giving me a real close shave.
The scent from the OSP soap was wonderful and as slick as ever.
My Cadman Bell brush is always a joy to use .

Wishing all of you a terrific Thursday . Over and out.

View attachment 21407 SOTD Thursday 20th October 2016.

Razor..ATT H2 Fat handle
Blade..Sputnik kindly given to me by @patw
Soap..OSP Orange & Pattchouli
Brush..Cadman Bell TGN Silvertip

A lovely shave the Sputnik blade worked well with my H2, much like an Astra SP . Giving me a real close shave.
The scent from the OSP soap was wonderful and as slick as ever.
My Cadman Bell brush is always a joy to use .

Wishing all of you a terrific Thursday . Over and out.

Great soap a beaut of a brush and a big fat handle razor....what's not to like!;)

C9uKNGHl.png

iKon 101 + UFO Titan Fine / Voshkod Blade / Simpson Classic / Cella Soap + Aftershave

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

First shave with the Schick Adjustable yesterday… Loaded up with a fresh Personna blade and didn't have any issues getting a new blade in. Put it on 4 to start with, started with one cheek and found it too mild, so straight up to 7 with it. 7 was better, the razor is incredibly maneuverable and you can whip around your face… I still found it quite mild though, even at 7! Two passes and a good finish, but not as good at the ATT S2 after the same two passes and the S2 had to deal with 6 days' growth! No irritations at all though and it was still an enjoyable shave. I'll be having another go with it for sure in the coming days J

- Schick Adjustable
- Personna (1)
- Black Beauty Shavemac ATG 400 Unique
- 1912 Russian Leather
- Thayers Aloe WH
- Specik AB
- Speick AS

img_20161019_194600-01-jpeg.3025

Last edited:
Prep: Shower
Cream: TOBS Jermyn St. Sensitive
Razor: Razorock Teck II
Blade: Voskhod (first use)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Synthetic
Post: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Lotion, followed by the balm

1 x WTG, 1 x XTG

What a shave... my first Voskhod experience - I'm impressed! The Razorock performed well, a new purchase. I've not tried a Gillette Tech so can't compare, but for £15 odd, seems good value for money. Great weight in the handle!

Thursday 20th
Zenith 506A TS
Speick Shave Stick
Ever Ready 1914
GEM (½ shimmed) SSC #5
Alum > Rinse > Duru Mandarin Cologne
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
YSL Jazz - EDT
IMG_20161019_111003872.jpg

The 1914 can look intimidating on the blade-exposure front. It does however give an impressively comfortable shave. Especially coupled with the excellent Speick stick.
I haven't got the original Jazz to do a like for like comparison scent wise. But I do remember the original after-shave giving an excellent post feel.

Shave well !!

Greetings

Thursday 20th October 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Junior (Bar)
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Valobra Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Miller Harris Terre D' Iris

Whilst this is only my third or fourth shave with the Valobra stick I really like it, whilst in my hard water it is not the biggest lather producer it is wonderfully slick and leaves the skin feeling really good. A slight downside that does not amount to much is that in my hard water the large amount of tallow in the soap leaves a thick layer of scum in my sink.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 21405

Dick have you thought of an in-line water softener?

Back
Top Bottom