S.O.T.D. Saturday 15th October to Friday 21st October 2016

Slant of the day...
This afternoon is less about the pot and more about the razor...I received my Merkur 37C Slant this morning so I've given it a try:cool:

The shave: Warm water wash with Glyce soap, followed by rinse and Proraso White pre-shave cream / Proraso White shaving soap / Cadman custom 'Burki' Bell brush / Merkur 37C Slant + Nacet(1) / Wright'sCoal tar soap wash, followed by cold rinse and alum / Pitralon Classic AS splash, followed by Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol Balm.

Verdict: Followed the wise advice from some kind fellows in TSR and just shaved as normal - no drama shave that was comfortable and nick- and burn-free. Very happy with the razor and glad that I've added a slant to the armoury.
I can also recommend Pitralon AS to those who might not have tried it - it's very clean and refreshing and works really well with Proraso balms...especially the Green!

I tried to create a picture that reflects the shave: green, clean and fresh!;):) Happy shaves all!:)

shave.jpg

SOTD 21st October 2016:

Razor- LASSC BBS-1
Blade- Gillette Silver Blue
Soap- Bufflehead Petite Fleur
Brush- Wiborg "The Anchor"
AS- Floid Blue

ea2b746db1a108208deead23a063a5cb.jpg

DSC_0473_zpsmibbdfa5.jpg

DSC_0471_zpsc5oepozn.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Kropp Hamburg Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Humphrey's Witch Hazel

I Had a Great Slow Morning Shave with My Kropp 6/8th..Quite a Thick Heavy Spine on this SR & a Very Compact Size Blade..The Grind is Par Excellence & its a Velvet Smooth & Manoeuvrable Shaver with a Superb Edge..This was the 2nd SR that I Bought & its a Long Term Keeper for Sure..These Aint the Fanciest of SRs but Boy are they Special Shavers.;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Star Noir,
Crown king synthetic,
Gold dollar 208,
Alum,
EJ DE89 on pickups with a Rapira blade,
Next ice white EDT,

Well the first mistake was transferring the star noir to a bowl, using my finger, making a huge amount of foam, the crown king is a lovely soft brush, I don't like the lather too thick when using a cut throat, because I am slow to use it, and the soap dries out to quick, not the fault of the soap, more a fault of my tardiness, anyhow I managed a half decent shave, only managing to cut myself doing the pick ups with the DE89, I know how the hell do you manage to escape the cut throat, then cut yourself on such a mild razor you ask, over confidence is the answer, I have much to learn still, especially the handling of the razor around the chin area, and using it left handed, the gold dollar seems to get sharper everytime I use it, and actually seems more forgiving than the feather artist with the pro guard blade, though that may be me getting more used to it.
It Feels Sharper as You get more Skilled with You're Technique..:D

Billy

DSC_0473_zpsmibbdfa5.jpg

DSC_0471_zpsc5oepozn.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Kropp Hamburg Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Humphrey's Witch Hazel

I Had a Great Slow Morning Shave with My Kropp 6/8th..Quite a Thick Heavy Spine on this SR & a Very Compact Size Blade..The Grind is Par Excellence & its a Velvet Smooth & Manoeuvrable Shaver with a Superb Edge..This was the 2nd SR that I Bought & its a Long Term Keeper for Sure..These Aint the Fanciest of SRs but Boy are they Special Shavers.;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy
Haslinger Honey is great soap!

Back
Top Bottom