S.O.T.D. Saturday 15th October to Friday 21st October 2016

Greetings Scott

Thank you very much, I have to say that it is certainly not in my top ten best shaving razors, it is super mild for an old razor and because of the bar rather angle sensitive. It looks great but just about all of the more modern GEM's and Ever Ready's will out shave it. I have tried it with an original Damaskeene blade and it's still very mild, I find this very unusual for a razor of this age nearly all of these centenarian razors are pretty fierce.

Regards
Dick.
Dick
I agree with you on that one, I last used one with a shim and was not great. Perhaps to end the
week will try it without a Shim.
Mike B

Fri 21st Oct

Omega s10065 Syn.
De Vergulde Hand soap
Ever Ready 1924
Gem S/S [ 3 ] & 1/2 spine shim
Tuff Green A/S lotion

For me and many folk the 1924 is a razor which bites. However, I find that by using a shim it
is turned into a smooth and efficient razor. With the great lather provided by this inexpensive soap , I had a smooth and enjoyable shave with a great finish, even working ATG on the neck.

IMG_0936.jpg

aNvoBixl.png

iKon 101 + UFO Titan Fine / Voshkod Blade / Simpson Chubby 2 / Cella Soap + Aftershave

14714427_621345958068822_6962777903968813056_n.jpg

My third use of the Rockwell 6S and first use with plate 4, very efficient and comfortable. Though I think plate 3 is my sweet spot. Eureka gave a nice lather but I could have loaded a bit more soap. Topped off with my favourite splash.

Brush: Omega 11126
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4) w/ Voskhod (3)
Soap: Archaic Alchemy Eureka
Post Shave: La Toja aftershave balm & splash

Back
Top Bottom