S.o.t.D Saturday 14th June - Friday 20th June

Rushed 2 pass shave

3P
404 Bodger
Razorock Moroccan Secret
LC New
Lab Blue (3)
Match Play AS

Couldn't decide boar or badger so choose the Bodger. Missed the WTG pass as there wasn't enough hours in the day.

pjgh said:
Nice indeed! I have to say ... the head looks particularly heavy and well built for an aluminium handle. I'm just going on the Techs that I own, but my later (aluminium handled) have a much lighter looking plate. If you've got a good heavy plate on that, lovely :D

I'm really not sure. I've had a couple of techs lying around for a while and only loaded this one up the other day. One of the others I have definitely has the lighter head that I assume you're on about - it also has a basic "Gillette" embossed on the head. This one is heavier and has a Gillette in the Diamond, like this.

I don't know how it compares, shave-wise, with the lighter one but it shaves really nicely in it's own right!

I've just realised that it could be a mismatched head/handle, but it came in a little foldable leather pouch for travelling and it all seemed to fit perfectly.

Ended up a nice shave but the Polsilver felt a bit rough first time out. It smoothed out by the last pass.

Proraso pre Green

Proraso Green Cream (bowl lathered)

Shave Shack Bucaneer badger brush

EJ DE89 (Polsilver SI)

Cold water shave (3 passes W/X/A)

Proraso pre and Proraso White ASB to finish

Planned Shave 6-16-2014 ...

14452763093_26e042af24_c.jpg

Holiday Shave Day x

Lucky Tiger Face Wash
Cold Water Splash
Grosvenor 404 Mixed
Ingram's cream
Digress LD
Personna Lab Blue #2
4711 Eau De Cologne
Queen Charlotte Soap Vostok ASB

Lovely menthol cooling it all down. These Digress razors really are fabulous tools.

Have a good day, folks

Jon

Monday morning:

Dovo Best Quality 6/8"
Semogue Owners Club Bristle
Boelis Panama, soap
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)
Truefitt & Hill 1805, ASL

Have a great week!

SOTD-2014-06-16-1-Copy_zps6b2c4f36.jpg

Stirling Black Cherry shaving soap
Indian plastic 7 o'clock flip top razor
Gillette Super Thin
Proraso pre/post as post
Kent Infinity Silvertex

Face still sore but shave was pretty good, especially with the Proraso

Monday

NSS Yushu soft soap
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Sputnik
DR Harris Windsor AS

Bloody great. Two passes to BBS, the Yushu is great, nice scent with good performance.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

AOS rebranded Plisson HMW #8
'Webly'/Filomatic Titanio (NOS)
Xpec SC
Myrsol Emulsion
Miller Harris 'feuilles de tabac' EdT

Last couple shaves I have been using this small, horn handle brush. Nice little thing that was found in the wild for just a few bucks in excellent shape a while back. Very white tips.

Fifth shave with this old blade and still going ok. May be time to switch soon but we'll see. Very pleasant vintage Spanish treasure.

BBS results,

Martin

Cold water splash
Valobra Stick (grated)
Commodore X3 reknotted w/ TGN 24mm Finest Badger
ATT M2 Kronos
Perma-Sharp Super (2)
Floïd Balsamo Dopobarba

Close, comfortable shave. 2 days growth gone and feeling much the better for it.

Back
Top Bottom