S.O.T.D. Saturday 13th May to Friday 19th May 2017

Sunny Saturday shave!
Had to pop out and do a couple of routine checks on some holiday let's over at padstow, took the opportunity for a sotd piccy.
Nice proper coffee on my return, then leisurely shave.
Executive shave pre shave
Fatip grande
Osp neroli soap
Rapira super swede blade #2
Kent bk4 brush
Superdrug as balm
Boss deodorant stick
Perfume de Marley,s Herod
Have a good weekend gents.
View attachment 25244
Lovely picture J. :)

Saturday AM 2017-05-13

Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle (Green Oribe & Purple)
Rooney 2/1 Finest #3 (21mm/57mm)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme shaving soap (vintage)
Delta Echo Black Chrome-Nickel Feather AS-D2/UFO U2V1 Brass
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (7)
Roger & Gallet l'Homme aftershave (vintage)
9RSgAxr.jpg

Last edited:
Sat 13th May
Omega 11126 boar
Speick Active
ES Claymore-V1
Schick Proline P-20 ( 8 )?
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Myrsol Antesol A/S lotion

Really pleased how well the blade is going. Even on an 8th outing it does not feel that it is fading,and the Shave was very smooth and pleasingly close all round.

IMG_1286.jpg

Saturday night and I like the way you move.

Snapseed.jpg

Trialled my newly acquired Denali soap and Midas Custom brush. The brush is more of a bowl-latherer, but did a decent job slathering some ice-cool menthol-ness on my face/neck. Dialled in the thirsty soap and away to go. All well and good. Frustrated at missing a patch of stubble on the lower-right of my neck but no real complaints...

...until chucking on the Fine. Bang, plenty of burn. When I say plenty I mean plenty. Neck turned from pale pink, though rose, pink, puce and finally ended it's cycle at red. Fortunately that was pretty short lived. 95% buttery smooth with the Futur Clone set on #4, Rapira blade on its 2nd use. Have binned the Rapira and might stick to one use only with my DE blades until I purchase/make a stand for it. It's currently being kept in a wash bag which I doubt helps.

All-in-all, feelin' cool. :cool:

Enjoy your weekend, all.

PREP - Hot Shower - L'Occitaine shower gel
PRE SHAVE - BBA Face wash & BBA Oil
RAZOR - Filipe Grande
BLADE - Astra SS #3
BRUSH - Omega 49
SOAP - NSS
POST- Cold rinse, Alum, Witch hazel, BBA Balm
SCENT - L'Occitaine Cade EDT

I had an amazing shave today. I am loving the Filipe Grande razor.
It is the first open comb razor that I have used and am thrilled to bits with the results.
It is also the first time I have used a soap so to speak as I have been primarily using creams up to this point. I was totally blown away with NSS (Nanny's Shaving Soap) amount of gorgeous lather this product provided me. As you all probably know the Omega 49 is a beast of a brush and only required literally 30 seconds of working
The slickness, cushion and post shave is truly outstanding.
Finishing with the BBA Balm, once again thank you @Emma C. was the icing on the cake. A product I am now finding I cannot do without.
Have a lovely weekend and Happy Shaving People.

Wayne :)

Back
Top Bottom