S.O.T.D. Saturday 13th May to Friday 19th May 2017

irBQfmXh.png

Just what the doctor ordered! Nice relaxing Saturday morning with these little beauties!

Worst shave ever today. I used a new Astra and it just did not look quite right with some discolouring on one side. I should have know better than to use it as it suggested a warp or twist in the metal. The result was a butcher of a blade that cut me to ribbons. Lesson rather painfully learnt

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
It happens to us all..i had a disastrous shave with a Derby Extra last weekend ,which lead to a rather nasty nick,my face looking like i'd had a roll around with next doors Ginger tom and came out worse! :eek:..due to this i've now thrown away all my Derby Extra blades... .Astra blades are normally pretty good, as you said it's a dodgy blade,..once bitten and all that..Regards.

Morning, Saturday's shave -

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap and Village Barbour Pre-shave Oill.
Razor - ATT SE1, Bamboo handle.
Blade - Feather Professional (day 4).
Soap - Executive Shaving Cream Shave.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Cold water splash, followed by DH Harris Skin Tonic and Organic Aloe Vera.

Another good shave with the ATT SE1 - still feeling slightly nervous and approaching the shave with more caution than normal. Compared with my shave on Friday with the Hone 15 a paired with a Wilkinson blade, I felt I got a slightly better shave yesterday, compared with today.

Away for the weekend, so tomorrow's shave with Hone 15 a and the Kiehls shaving cream (with no brush) will make a return, as all the gear is still in the bag.

All the best,

Chris

Yeah i didn't relise until after i posted..:confused:, i believe you have a few time zones in AUS?..better late than never.;)

@Palmolive fox I'll bloody drink to that at least I'm ahead of the Pommies in wet shaving.........well.........will see only if we beat the Pommies for the 2018 cricket ashes, and please don't give me all this bull sh%t pommy weather cloud crap we know you've been cheating :p:D out on the cricket field :rolleyes:o_O

Last edited:
Greetings All,

One days' growth

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Proraso pre-shave (white)

Soap: Geo F Trumper Rose Cream (tester)
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Feather (3rd use)
Brush: Molten Brown Shaving Brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum then a shower followed by Proraso post shave cream (white)

Clean shave today – 3 passes with, across and against (plus a touch up).

I found the Geo F Trumper Rose shaving cream was very good, nice scent and good slickness. May have to buy more.

Sunny Saturday shave!
Had to pop out and do a couple of routine checks on some holiday let's over at padstow, took the opportunity for a sotd piccy.
Nice proper coffee on my return, then leisurely shave.
Executive shave pre shave
Fatip grande
Osp neroli soap
Rapira super swede blade #2
Kent bk4 brush
Superdrug as balm
Boss deodorant stick
Perfume de Marley,s Herod
Have a good weekend gents.
IMAG0524_1_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom