S.O.T.D. Saturday 13th May to Friday 19th May 2017

@Palmolive fox I'll bloody drink to that at least I'm ahead of the Pommies in wet shaving.........well.........will see only if we beat you for the 2018 cricket ashes, and please don't give me all this bull sh%t pommy weather cloud crap we know you've been cheating :p:D out on the cricket field :rolleyes:o_O
We shall see...it's a english tradition to complain about our wonderful 4 seasons in one day weather!...we never cheat, we just follow the aussie rules!:p

SOTD - 13/5 - initially accidentally posted in last week's thread.

Razor - Cobra Classic
Blade - Feather Super Pro (4)
Soap - MT Lavender De Luxe
Brush - Semogue 2015 HD silvertip
Post - Allum & witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - Great -smoother than a Teflon coated eel. The perfect combination to counteract a grey, pishy wet Glasgow day. Four day's growth was no match for the Cobra. I remembered when I put the Tabac on that I have an unopened puck of the matching soap that I have never tried. Must dig it out for the next shave and see what all the fuss is about. I ought to go to the supermarket but - do you know what? - I can't be bothered. I'm in far too good a mood to put myself through that - I think I'll rip the top off a cold one and spend the afternoon reading. Much better plan. Must be the lavender effect - god bless aromatherapy. Enjoy your shaves gentlemen. I

Saturday 13th May 2017
SOTD 13th May.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Pinaud Clubman Oil
Razor: Razorock Hawk with stainless handle
Blade: Kai Captain titanium mild Luffy (#1)
Brush: Maseto 2 Band Finest 24mm
Soap: Pinaud Clubman
AS: Pinaud Clubman

Amazingly close shave, the Kai Luffy blade felt sharp but smooth, it has a guard so I am guessing this helps a lot. The Clubman pre shave oil is very messy, it took a lot of soap to wash it off my hands and the sink, not impressed. The soap was good but the lather was a bit thin. The end result was superb, but I think I may be passing the shave oil on.

DSC_0821_zpsubspeodd.jpg

DSC_0807_zpsi6chyxrq.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
NOS George & Butler Sheffield Full Hollow 15/16th ( Freshly Honed )
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had My Maiden Shave this Morning with My Newly Acquired NOS George & Butler Sheffield..This was Factory Greased & Mint Nick..Honed on a Naniwa Super Stone Progression & Finished on My Escher Thuri..My 1st Shave in Nearly a Fortnight Due to Cut I Received Wiping this Blade when I Got it.. The George & Butler Took a Superb Shaving Edge & Whacked through a Fortnights of Whiskers at Ease..A Spectacular Shave..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Saturday 13th May 2017
View attachment 25248
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Pinaud Clubman Oil
Razor: Razorock Hawk with stainless handle
Blade: Kai Captain titanium mild Luffy (#1)
Brush: Maseto 2 Band Finest 24mm
Soap: Pinaud Clubman
AS: Pinaud Clubman

Amazingly close shave, the Kai Luffy blade felt sharp but smooth, it has a guard so I am guessing this helps a lot. The Clubman pre shave oil is very messy, it took a lot of soap to wash it off my hands and the sink, not impressed. The soap was good but the lather was a bit thin. The end result was superb, but I think I may be passing the shave oil on.
Hi @Bizzyberry , who makes the black stainless handle if I may ask and what are the measurements? I very much like the look of it!

Back
Top Bottom