Weleda Wild Rose Oil preshave
RazoRock Plissoft brush
TOBS Rose cream
B&R Stainless Adjustable razor
Personna Platinum blade
Thayers Rose Petal witch hazel
D.R. Harris Pink aftershave
G.F. Trumper Coral Skin Food

My first shave with the B&R Adjustable. I really, really like this razor. For my first pass WTG I set it at 4. For my the 2nd pass of XTG I set it to 2.5, and for the ATG pass I did 1.5 (with the blade installed I couldn't go lower than 1.5). I had an excellent smooth and comfortable shave. This is easily one of my favorite razors already. I hope to see more modern adjustables in the near future.....I'd love to see a Hone 15 brass adjustable.....could you imagine that??!!

671a16f67ced897768ef571f06327686.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday 12/10/16

RazoRock Plissoft brush
TOBS Rose cream
Personna Platinum blade

My first shave with the B&R Adjustable. I really, really like this razor. For my first pass WTG I set it at 4. For my the 2nd pass of XTG I set it to 2.5, and for the ATG pass I did 1.5 (with the blade installed I couldn't go lower than 1.5). I had an excellent smooth and comfortable shave. This is easily one of my favorite razors already. I hope to see more modern adjustables in the near future.....I'd love to see a Hone 15 brass adjustable.....could you imagine that??!!

671a16f67ced897768ef571f06327686.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see it turned out all rosy [emoji106]

Saturday 10th December
Evening gents, hope everyone has had a bearable week.
Been a busy one for me as usual but finished next Wednesday so not far to push.
I've really been enjoying using the straights I've acquired, I like the routine of stropping and the noise it makes on the leather and canvas.
I enjoy the sharpness but also how forgiving straights can be at the same time, it's good to learn a new skill aswell, hopefully by the time my son is old enough to shave ill of truly perfected the skill.
Moving onto today's shave,
I got treated to a lie in till half 7 which was truly delightful,
Looking outside it's been truly miserable so I wanted to try and bring back summer into my bathroom this morning.

Pre: shower and bulldog face scrub
Soap: Phoenix and beau Solaris (what a scent)
Brush: razorock ivory 24mm plissoft
Strop: westholme 3 inch canvas and leather
Razor: Vintage Stainless Steel Joseph Smith & Son 6/8 Barbers Notch Full Wedge
Scent: Tabula Rasa ( fresh grapefruit and menthol) not to keen on the menthol but love the grapefruit and the soothing effect it has.

Fantastic shave,fresh scents , no nicks and ready to take on Christmas shopping.
Enjoy your weekend folks

Last edited:
Saturday 12/10/16

RazoRock Plissoft brush
TOBS Rose cream
Personna Platinum blade

I see it turned out all rosy [emoji106]
Indeed!.....LOL!!

Saturday AM 2016-12-10

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/1 Finest (22mm/46mm)
Colgate Barber shaving soap (vintage) + Hermès Terre d'Hermès shaving cream
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/UFO Goliath XL
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (2)
Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel aftershave

The Goliath XL really is too big and heavy for me. Otherwise a very good shave, with thick fragrant lather and a smooth blade.
ajtiZUi.jpg

Razor: Gillette Red Tip A-4 1955
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Maggard 22 mm Synthetic (Secret Santa)
Soap: Reef Point Soaps Dragon's Blood
Aftershave: Myrsol Blue

First time using this soap and I must say I am very impressed. I whipped up a great lather to the point that I squeezed out the soap left in the brush and had another pass XTG in the opposite direction. Ended up with a BBS after chasing the baby all over the bathroom.
10 12 16c.jpg

Saturday 10th December
Evening gents, hope everyone has had a bearable week.
Been a busy one for me as usual but finished next Wednesday so not far to push.
I've really been enjoying using the straights I've acquired, I like the routine of stropping and the noise it makes on the leather and canvas.
I enjoy the sharpness but also how forgiving straights can be at the same time, it's good to learn a new skill aswell, hopefully by the time my son is old enough to shave ill of truly perfected the skill.
Moving onto today's shave,
I got treated to a lie in till half 7 which was truly delightful,
Looking outside it's been truly miserable so I wanted to try and bring back summer into my bathroom this morning.

Pre: shower and bulldog face scrub
Soap: Phoenix and beau Solaris (what a scent)
Brush: razorock ivory 24mm plissoft
Strop: westholme 3 inch canvas and leather
Razor: Vintage Stainless Steel Joseph Smith & Son 6/8 Barbers Notch Full Wedge
Scent: Tabula Rasa ( fresh grapefruit and menthol) not to keen on the menthol but love the grapefruit and the soothing effect it has.

Fantastic shave,fresh scents , no nicks and ready to take on Christmas shopping.
Enjoy your weekend folks

Excellent choice of razor.Please post a couple more pictures if possible.

Back
Top Bottom