S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th December to Friday 16th December 2016

70a3fa387d86f62a9c1d33a5e4b23c4e.jpg

Really starting to get a good lather with the truefitt & hill soap now. It has taken a good few shaves to get it there but it's a great soap well worth the effort. Combined with the lavender oil aftershave cream and maybe a small port I will sleep like a dolphin smooth baby tonight [emoji1348][emoji99]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wednesday 14th December
SOTD 14 Dec.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower and Proraso Red
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Kai Stainless (#3)
Brush: Plisson Badger
Cream: L'Occitane Cade
AS: 4711 + Nivea Replenishing Balm

My third try of the Kai blade, once again another 3 pass shave no irritation, no nicks or weepers and very smooth, however yesterdays shave was better. Maybe the Kai blade is not as good a match in the Fatip Piccolo as it is with the Gillette Tech and the Ikon 101, the shave was very smooth but I did not think it was a close as the last two shaves with the Kai blade.

Evening Gents,

Prep: Hot shower and Nivea face scrub
Pre: King of Shaves oil and hot towels
Razor: Muhle R41 head with ATT Atlas handle
Razor blade: Polsilver (3)
Brush: shavemac custom 'unique' knot
Soap: Saponifico Varesino Tundra Artica
Post: Thayers Witch Hazel and Saponifico Varesino Tundra Artica aftershave balm.

Been a little while since I've used the R41. It worked well and smoother than the last I used it. I still haven't found the perfect blade combination but the Polsilver was pretty close.

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
Easy to get from E Bay USA- multiple sources
Yes, just been looking into that, works out a couple of quid cheaper than off amazon but vat and charges may strip any savings, ordered a pack of 7 and will see what happens when they hit our shores! Been looking into bulk buy from China but have not found anything yet.
Thanks for the heads up anyway, appreciated.

Razor: Gillette Red Tip A-4 1955
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium (7)
Brush: DFS LE Nathan Clark Envy White Handle Aluminum Color, Anodized Dark Bronze.
Soap: Reef Point Soaps Admiralty
Aftershave: Fine L'Orange Noir

One week with the Pol Silver Super Iridium blade and I'm happy to say I got seven great shaves from it. The Nathan Clark DFS LE with Envy White knot along with the Reef Point Soaps Admiralty whipped up an amazing lather. A very near BBS. This soap is a bright, orange citrus scent of Japanese yuzu, together with peppercorn, mellowed over a base of amber, musk and sandalwood. It's smooth, refined, and not your standard citrus scented shaving soap. This a for sure buy again soap.
Cold and windy here today.
14 12 16b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom