Speick cream bowl lathered
Simpson Harvard 4 best badger brush
Gillette 1930's Aristocrat
Sputnik (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

All good very nice comfortable shave again
Been Blackberry picking this morning loads of fruit this year.

Brian

Sunday 09-08-13. MUSIC: Blondie - Parallel Lines.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96qnW-N3fyI[/video]

a6a22444-3715-4509-8405-d83fb8cbd187.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Fat Boy - Gillette Platinum #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Castle Forbes Lavender - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Castle Forbes Lavender - ASL Lavanda Ach. Brito.

782sirbrian said:
Thanks Martin I was dating it from Mr Razor's site. Mine's in the Gold case with matching blade container. So it could be from 1934 onwards how long did Gillette make this model ?
Regards Brian

Heh, I forgot all that OC stuff......been too long. I do know that it's only known as the 1934 type. Any other description is gonna be confusing. Heh, it's your razor so you call it whatever you like.

dodgy said:
782sirbrian said:
Thanks Martin I was dating it from Mr Razor's site. Mine's in the Gold case with matching blade container. So it could be from 1934 onwards how long did Gillette make this model ?
Regards Brian

Heh, I forgot all that OC stuff......been too long. I do know that it's only known as the 1934 type. Any other description is gonna be confusing. Heh, it's your razor so you call it whatever you like.
I was just trying to get some more accurate dates for the razor. I like to date items in history probably my obsession with doing family history and all the birth dates etc :icon_smile: :blush: that's all.

Regards Brian

Proraso Pre and Post Green
Vitos
Gilette Slim Adjustable Courtesy of Lose The Beard
Permanent Sharp Blade
Coral Skin Food
Myrsol Green One

Very nice shave after I changed the dial from 3 to 4 as I didn't think it was as effective as it could be. No nicks no weepers. I think its my closest shave so far. So with this and my Red Tip that's me sorted.

I got my brother in to this lark as well so he is getting my more or less brand new Muhle R89.

DE Shaving should be compulsory for all!

Regards

Ben

Prep: Cold water
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Brush: TGN 2-band badger in Grosvenor handle
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Klar Kabinett really is a good performer. Don't use it that often, but always very pleased when I do.

Day two of daily shaving so yesterday's doesn't really count

Shower and hot towel prep
Bluebeard revenge shave oil
Wilkinson sword shave soaps
Sanguine cool cut 4 shavette
Polsilver super iridium blade
Cold towel
Bluebeards revenge post shave balm

Went better than I thought it would on double pass shave, always get a few bleeding spots but can usually stop those with the cold towel and rarely have to resort to the styptic matches.

Big John

Love my Sunday night shaves, three days growth for the razor to make light work of!

Prep: Shower, Bluebeards Revenge pre shave oil
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gilette 7 o'clock
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Proraso red sandlewood + Men-U shave creme
AS Balm: Boots freshwood

3 pass shave, this was my best shave to date, very happy indeed!

screen shot pc

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Dubl Duck special No.1
Morris & Forndran stubby 2XL
All Natural Soap Co. Traditional Shaving Soap
Proraso Green A/S

Second day with the All natural soap company shaving soap. Again I seemed to need a lot of product to produce a decent lather. Its an ok soap, good slip but it takes a lot of coaxing, maybe a little too much coaxing.

Sunday:

Evening, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Åžik Bay
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond (2)
Brush: Erasmic
Shave soap: Bath House, Spanish Fig and Nutmeg
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Korres Saffron, Amber, Agarwood, and Cardamom

Excellent shave.

A nice and close shave today. I'm using D.R. Harris Arlington, my spifftastic mixed loft brush, and the Gillette Old Type on a ball end Tech handle with a Dorco ST-301 blade. The D.R. Harris is really good stuff. great scent, slick lather, and pretty good moisturizing properties. Paired with my mixed loft brush it gives me amazing copious lather...I hate it when I love a new products, it makes it so much harder to reduce my stock of gear.

Two and a half passes, wtg/atg and an xtg pass on my neck for clean up, resulting in one of the closest shaves in memory. I finished up with some SAL Alum, which did burn a bit, but that just means that it's working. An excellent shave with some excellent gear.

Pre: Hot shower and warm water splash
Razor: Gillette Old Type on a ball end Tech handle
Blade: Dorco ST-301
Brush: Mixed loft boar/badger
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington

nu4a8a6u.jpg

SUNDAY EVENING

Razor: Kai Captain Excelia
Blade: Feather Proguard
Brush: Semogue cherry wood boar
Soap: Klar Kabinett\T&H 10 superlather - suribachi lathered
Balm: Witch hazel then Proraso balm

Bit of a Eureka moment tonight. Best straight shave EVVVAAAHHHH!!

Not sure what caused it. Had a lukewarm water shave, but I think the main thing is I've discovered when doing an ATG pass that if I do a kind of slight J-hook it clears much more bristles particularly in the harder to reach places.

No claret at all and pretty close to a BBS.

Long may it continue!

Back
Top Bottom