S.O.T.D Sat. 2nd Nov. to Frid.8th Nov. 2013

Razor: Heljestrand MK31
Brush: M&F XL2
Soap: Cella
ASB: D&G
EDT: Rochas One

Great shave with this no longer unmarked mk31 :D

DSC01799_zpsf8dc4d24.jpg

Thursday morning - waiting for a delivery of wood. Decided to try my first DE shave in 30 years.

Preparation - none, just got wired into it!

Soap - Tabac
Brush - Boar bristle with nicely turned Cocobolo handle (by me :icon_razz:)
Razor - WS Classic
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum

No nicks or cuts! Very close shave, keep rubbing my hand on my face to feel the smoothness.

I'm now officially converted to DE shaving.

Thursday 11-07-13. MUSIC: Hair - Original Broadway Cast Recording (1968).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYjz7gxo8k4[/video]

cafb1a8f-0627-4b06-a18b-3e3b53fe50e7_zps439fdd7b.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 25X53 - Feather all stainless - Israeli Personna #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Institut de Karité - ASL Lavanda by Ach. Brito.

Thursday 7th November

SOTD71113_zps1ed1c771.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Speick stick grated scuttle lathered
Simpson Harvard 4 best badger brush
Gillette Big Boy
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Speick after shave balsam

A fine shave, the British made Big Boy has the same head as the 77/88 model razor but with a much larger handle. Sputnik blade works well as always for me. The Speick balm is in line with the quality of their other products very nice.

SODT - 28 October to 7 November 10x
Good evening friends! :)

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: 21 mm SIMPSON Commodore X1 Best badger
SOAP/CREAM: Mé "Alcalá" (Gift from Elena - Spain)
RAZOR: MÜHLE R41 + Derby
AS: Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla After Shave Lotion

SODT_R41_B_zps0969d879.jpg

Have a nice Thursday,
Béla​

Gillette Tech / UFO Kaiser Short
Gillette 7oc Super Stainless (2)
Semogue Owners' Club boar
Vito's Extra Super Coconut
Proraso Aftershave balm

L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Navigateur

A measure of my sample of this discontinued frag. Too much cumin in the top notes for me to love it, but there's something about it that keeps me interested.

Shave tonight
Proraso pre cream
Bluebeard shaving cream sample pot and was really nice
34c razor
shark blade first time using one normally Gillette 7 or feather (don't think the Sharks are for me much prefer the sharpness of the 7's or feathers seems to suit my face better)
alum block
bluebeard after balm

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Simpsons best
'Webly'/ Personna Super Stainless (NOS original price for the 10 pack was $1.45. )
C&S #88 SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Tom Ford 'Azure Lime' EdP

First time trying this blade......mighta got these some time ago from Benefactor Bob and it was a nice shave. Not surprised......lots of those old blades are good ones. Seems smooth and sharp and we'll see what the next shaves are like.

I finally figured out the #88 is not for my nose. Man, it took forever to finally reach that conclusion. Too bad because that soap works real well.

BBS results,

Masrtin

dodgy said:
finally figured out the #88 is not for my nose. Man, it took forever to finally reach that conclusion. Too bad because that soap works real well.

BBS results,

Masrtin
I read on the grapevine that Paul at Connaught Shaving will have the new scented Valobra pucks available from next week (ish). Might be an option?

Yes Paul, I am no expect or what the Proraso contains in detail (I know oatmeal extract, green tea, thyme extract.) One thing I do like about the bluebeard is it has witch hazel and Aloe Vera in and leaves me with nice hydrated a very nice smooth/soft finish (no clammy or greasy feel), I just find the Proraso a little and I mean just a little to greasy for my skin as a post cream. Pre is nice with the eucalyptus giving the skin a tingly feel before shaving and the oils giving it slickness.

Burgundy said:
dodgy said:
finally figured out the #88 is not for my nose. Man, it took forever to finally reach that conclusion. Too bad because that soap works real well.

BBS results,

Masrtin
I read on the grapevine that Paul at Connaught Shaving will have the new scented Valobra pucks available from next week (ish). Might be an option?

these ones...?

http://www.valobra.com/shavingsoap.htm

im quite tempted by these too :)

Adam. said:
Yes Paul, I am no expect or what the Proraso contains in detail (I know oatmeal extract, green tea, thyme extract.) One thing I do like about the bluebeard is it has witch hazel and Aloe Vera in and leaves me with nice hydrated a very nice smooth/soft finish (no clammy or greasy feel), I just find the Proraso a little and I mean just a little to greasy for my skin as a post cream. Pre is nice with the eucalyptus giving the skin a tingly feel before shaving and the oils giving it slickness.

I see ...

Likewise, I'm not for that greasy feeling afterwards. I have my own witch hazel and essential oil blend to tone up, then onto a classic aftershave.

Back
Top Bottom