S.O.T.D Sat. 23rd Nov. to Frid.29th Nov. 2013

Burgundy said:
And home to bed. Drove back from a weekend with the girlfriend and got a flat tyre in the pitch black in the middle of the New Forest. Sigh - there's a few bits it needs to go to the garage for anyway, so now's as good a time as any. Closer to payday would've been appreciated. Must carry tissues and something to clean my hands with, for future reference.

Fido could have rescued you!

I think the same though, every time I do something on my car I say the same thing, but always forget when I'm home. Could always use the windscreen wash ;)

Monday morning:

Dovo Best Quality 6/8"
Custom Finest Badger (TGN)-Omega Handle
Stirling, Sharp Dressed Man, soap
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
Thayers Medicated Superhazel with Aloe Vera
Tabac Original ASL
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

Have a nice and productive week!

Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicronalphapi3CC0SOTD-25-11-2013-1_zpsc398a725.jpg

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEgX64n3T7g[/video]
Lush Aqua Marina
Trumper Coral Skin Food
Fiori & Frutta Uomo Almond
Rooney 3/1 Pure
Merkur HD Gold
Lord Cool
Floid Suave
Thayers Cucumber
Kiehls Ultra Soothing Moisturiser
Lush Vanishing Cream
Trumper Eucris

Monday xxv November, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Daily Purifying Wash with Charcoal
Pre: Proraso White
Brush: Coates FitzWilliam Pure Badger
Soap: La Toja / Palmolive sticks grated
Razor: Timor Open Comb 1350K
Blade: Sputnik #3
Post: Myrsol Metilsol Astringent, Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus ASB, Muehlens 4711

Result: Just splendid. A truly DFS this morning. What a start to the week and the day. The lovely little Coates FitzWilliam has a fantastic affinity with my La Toja / Palmolive frankensoap to which I add a tiny blob of Shulton Old Spice cream for the glycerin. Lathers up a real beauty.

Have a good day, gents.

Jon

Monday's rasp:

EJ DE89L, single shim, Crystal Super Platinum
Large Ash wood boar brush hand carved by me
GFT Coconut SS
Barbershop Bay Rum
Astral
Vintage Shulton Old Spice cologne

Hadn't shaved since Friday so it was magic to whack those pesky whiskers off this morning.

Monday

Ingram's cream
Frank Shaving Pur-Tech Synthetic
Aristocrat Junior
7 o'clock SharpEdge
Pinaud Clubman AS

No shave since Friday morning, so plently of stubble to clear. This morning was my first use of my new FS shaving brush. It has a 28mm knot so is a monster. It worked up a very good lather, I'll give it a try with some Tabac tomorrow to see how it deals with soaps.

BBS results this morning.

Sunday evening

Clinique soap
Ikon shavecraft OC
Treet Durasharp
Vie-Long mixed boar/syntheitc brush
Fitness for Men shaving soap
Aqua Velva

First time using the Vie-Long mixed boar/synthetic brush. As I was doing a package from Gifts and Care I saw this brush and as it was quite cheap thought why not. Quite impressed, by all accounts it's 70/30 in favour of boar and alittle on the small side to what I usually use but it did ok and got 3 passes out of it quite easily.

Nice shave, no problems but having used the Fatip over the previous 2 days must say that it's much better shave than the Ikon for me. I love the fit and finish of the Ikon but the dirty old Fatip just gives me a better shave.

Monday 11-25-13. MUSIC: Clifford Brown, Sonny Rollins, Max Roach Quintet - Complete Studio Recording.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPv9sCRCeEI[/video]

7b494b22-9641-4fd8-bcdf-912156292681_zps7ad89a8d.jpg

Soap from Alepo - Morris & Forndran 25X53 - Merkur 25C - 7 O'clock Super Stainless #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Pré de Provence - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB Herbíssimo - ASL Grey Flannel.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: Valobra stick (grated)
Brush: Golden Nib 2-band badger knot / Vulfix Grosvenor handle
Razor: Weber Polished / Bulldog
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)

Reasonably enjoyable shave, considering I have a stinking cold :(

Monday 25th November

SOTD251113_zps4b828271.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
TOBS Rose cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Tulip 1 super badger brush
Gillette Aristocrat 21
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol F/extra aftershave

Decent shave very nice. The TOBS lathers up with ease lovely stuff. The last shave for the Silver Blue a different razor and blade loaded for tomorrows shave.

Prep: Face scrub/hot flannel
Cream: Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Citrus)
Razor: 37c Slant
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Alum Bloc
Bluebeard After shave balm
Boss After shave

First time with the Cyril Salter Citrus shaving cream, easy to lather the citrus smell will be a great summer shaving cream light fresh and leaves a nice feel to the skin. Also a first for the slant razor a very nice close shave a little work needed on the slant to get better but very pleased with the first shave from it.

Prep: Hot shower, T&H No10 Cleansing Scrub
Pre: Proraso Pre shave cream green, hot towel.
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Mama Bears Joop
Razor: 5/8 Gilbert Bros/Muhle R41
Blade: Personna Platinum
AS: Boots Freshwood AS balm
EDt: Gucci, Made to measure

Still working on the straight shaving, had another few passes before going on to the R41.

Back
Top Bottom