S.O.T.D Sat. 23rd Nov. to Frid.29th Nov. 2013

Tree tree soap
Arran Driftwood cream
Omega Boar
Webber Bulldog
Supermax platinum
Alum
C&E Indian Lime ASB

Small weeper on top lip.....AGT still causing a few problems but otherwise a nice shave and the Webber lived up to the hype

glycerine soap face wash
Proraso pre-white
Tobs lavender
Vulfix 2235
7 o'clock green 3
progress 3 # 2 # 1
witch hazel
Truefitt hill no10 post cologne balm

getting better at this,just put a bit of sudocrem on as a bit of irritation at bottom of neck.

Sunday, November 24th, 2013

Sunday, November 24th, 2013

147093d1385304826-sun-november-24th-sat-november-30th-sotd-24112013.jpg

Back to the Origin: Dovo 101 Best Quality, 6/8 Full Hollow

• Pre-shave: Myrsol Emulsión
  • Soap: Homemade Olive Oil and Lavender Shave Cream
  • Brush: Omega Bristle Brush #48 Gold
  • Bowl: Gerby Stainless Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Dovo 101 Best Quality, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Myrsol Blue

Sunday 24th November

SOTD241113_zpsf73a322b.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Sterling Smart Dressed Man scuttle lathered
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette Aristocrat 21
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Old spice aftershave

Lovely shave the Sterling made a slick and moisturising lather, but a little on the thin slightly sloppy side. The Old Spice has loads of scent left to say it's 20 yrs old :rolleyes:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Personna Super Platinum Chrome (NOS)
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Creed 'Aventus' EdT

Picked up a sealed 5 pack of these old blades during the summer flea market season and tried one today. The pack had the same color red as the favorite of mine Personna74 blades, so I was optimistic about these.

I've probably had better shaves, but can't recall any at the moment. Great blade........very sharp yet very forgiving. How that is possible I don't quite know but there it is. No feeling of that blade on my face......just as I like things.

Plus, this soap is pretty damn good. The trick is to keep adding small amounts of water till the lather starts to 'clot'. Takes a little while to reach that point but man, it is worth the time.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday, 24.xi.2013

Predopobarba Proraso
Jerusalem Olivewood TGN Finest
Comptoir des Savonniers
MÜHLE Gut-Rasiert 2009
Gillette Silver Blue
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Manufaktura Beer ASB

P1070898.jpg

Have a great week, gentlemen!

Prep: FitjarSoap Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Frank Shaving Chubby Badger
Soap: Sterling Cool
Aftershave: TOOBS Shave Shop
Moisturiser: Fitjarsoap Shea Butter Moisturiser

Another fine result lathering the Stirling soap. Not as good as last time, but still more than sufficient.
The flavour for the shave was the Cool scented soap, and although I felt just as cool as always, it proved that I am sufficiently cool on my own. :icon_cool:

The procedure was almost the same as last time. I loaded the brush for forty seconds and transferred the brush to my scuttle to build my lather. The first stage was the foam/mousse like lather, and following the advice of experienced Stirling shavers I added lots of water, probably around 1dl.
And that helped quite a bit. The foam developed into the kind of lather we like to see in our shaving. Granted I probably added a little too much water, since the lather was a tad “wetter” than it was yesterday. But it felt slick and elastic and ought to perform just fine.

Unfortunately I never experienced that. The shave itself was rather horrid, the reason for that was the blade and razor combination. Apparently the Polsilver SI on its third shave loaded in a Merkur HD razor is not my cup of tea.
With multiple small cuts on my neck I looked like I had been shaved by Windom Earl

After the shave I put on some TOOBS Shave shop AS and I finally achieved my Macauley moment. It also smelled pretty bad, so I can understand why it is being discontinued.

23112013_zps2645dc27.jpg

Ej89
Bodger
Cella
Treet (3)
Alum
Steves bayrum
Quiksilver a/s balm

Decent shave. Last go of the treet carbon - got a couple of nicks on each shave which is unusual for me. The brush continues to soften which i love - took over a year though! I suppose it's because i've rotated too often.

Hot shower & 3P
Omega 98
TOBS Almond
ATT Titan R1
Lab Blue (3)
Witch hazel Alcolado Glacial mix
Trumpers Lime Skin Food

Lab blues are the best blade I have tried in the Titan so far. First try of the omega on loan from a member on here based on this one go its definitely one I would buy.

Face wash with Pears soap
Merkur Digress HD B / Supermax Titanium
Simpson “Chubby” 3 Manchurian Cobalt
Proraso Red Soap
Proraso Green A/S

Clean, Close & Comfortable

Hot Towels
Olive Oil PSO
NSS Ice & Slice
Pure Badger Brush
Muhle R41/templ8 Fencing Handle
Gillette Super Platinum (Black) [2]
Witch Hazel/Olbas Oil Tonic
Brut Musk Aftershave Lotion

Two Pass - WTG/XTG

I am fast taking to the R41 as my "to go" razor.

Very close, very smooth to the touch and utterly without irritation. The blade was not the smoothest, but played out well making me a keen believer in oily PSOs.

IMG_4162.JPG

Boots Freshwood bowl shaving soap
Turkish no. 6
Cheap shavette
½ Astra SP
Home made Magnificent Leather a/s
Proraso pre/post as post (old formula)

Spent twenty five minutes shaving after prep and lathering. Got a close shave but a few micro nicks, one small slice above the lip but ultimately a huge amount of soreness. I finished shaving over two hours ago and face is still very red and sore. I am pleased I got such a close shave but not at this cost. It'll be a few months before I try a shavette shave again

Bic Metal disposable (1)
Muhle Silvertip Fibre, v1
DR Harris Eucalyptus cream
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

And home to bed. Drove back from a weekend with the girlfriend and got a flat tyre in the pitch black in the middle of the New Forest. Sigh - there's a few bits it needs to go to the garage for anyway, so now's as good a time as any. Closer to payday would've been appreciated. Must carry tissues and something to clean my hands with, for future reference.

Greetings

Monday 25th November 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick J1 Injector
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome NOS
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Wilkinson Sword stick grated
Aftershave: Floid Balm

Regards
Dick.

DSC04932.JPG

Back