A/S: Floid Blue

Wonderful......

parker 91r handle/ fatip
gillette platinum
muhle silvertip fibre
mikes lily of the valley shave soap
weleda AS balm
ungaro III edt

a decent, close shave but a bit of irritation and a few weepers. ive been using the gillette platinum blade all this week and im not overly fussed on it, its sharp enough but ive had a few weepers each shave and a bit sore with tonights. i think itll be a while before i use them again.

Friday 29th November

Brush: NF Tubby 2
Soap: Derby
Razor: Schick L Type
Blade: Personna (4)

Great shave. The last 1/4 of the shave it felt as if there was a rough patch on the blade, so I think I will retire it here. The Derby soap is fantastic as ever. Happy days.

Damn it! Damn! Damn! Damn! ... and damn a little more!

Recently, I tried my little haul of injector razors with a pack of Schick blades I got off Amazon. I could not get any razor to work for me - rough, didn't cut, uncomfortable ... and I finished off with my DE. Today, Connaught's blades arrived, felt sharper, injected well ... and ... in my Personna, very poor. I tried all manner of angles, worked with the razor to get it right ... it scraped some growth off, but left a patchy, rough and tough finish which no end of going over got any more growth off.

Damn it! I really wanted this to work out for me ...

Wanting "that" classic single edge shave, I grabbed my 1912 Brooklyn Made ER with a GEM blade and finished off. Noisy but smooth and finished the job to my satisfaction ... top lip and all.

Damn it! I really wanted the injector the play out ...

That was the Personna. I have a GEM Micromatic, a Schick J and a Schick M. I will give the J a go next.

Routine ...

Hot Rinse
Olive Oil Blend PSO
Fitjar Shea Pleasure
Pure Badger
Personna Injector/Personna blade
Every Ready 1912 USA/GEM blade
Hot Rinse
Cold Rinse
Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Blend Toner
Alt Innsbruck Cologne

IMG_5491.JPG

On an upbeat finish ...

Dear God! That Alt Innsbruck is nice :D

Yes, finish with a big smile ... still, no issues, even with a bad first shave.

Re: RE: S.O.T.D Sat. 23rd Nov. to Frid.29th Nov. 2013

pjgh said:
Damn it! Damn! Damn! Damn! ... and damn a little more!

Recently, I tried my little haul of injector razors with a pack of Schick blades I got off Amazon. I could not get any razor to work for me - rough, didn't cut, uncomfortable ... and I finished off with my DE. Today, Connaught's blades arrived, felt sharper, injected well ... and ... in my Personna, very poor. I tried all manner of angles, worked with the razor to get it right ... it scraped some growth off, but left a patchy, rough and tough finish which no end of going over got any more growth off.

Damn it! I really wanted this to work out for me ...

Wanting "that" classic single edge shave, I grabbed my 1912 Brooklyn Made ER with a GEM blade and finished off. Noisy but smooth and finished the job to my satisfaction ... top lip and all.

Damn it! I really wanted the injector the play out ...

That was the Personna. I have a GEM Micromatic, a Schick J and a Schick M. I will give the J a go next.

Routine ...

Hot Rinse
Olive Oil Blend PSO
Fitjar Shea Pleasure
Pure Badger
Personna Injector/Personna blade
Every Ready 1912 USA/GEM blade
Hot Rinse
Cold Rinse
Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Blend Toner
Alt Innsbruck Cologne

IMG_4249.JPG

On an upbeat finish ...

Dear God! That Alt Innsbruck is nice :D

Yes, finish with a big smile ... still, no issues, even with a bad first shave.

Never mind mate. You've got plenty of other razors to be going on with!

Btw.. I had my first shave with the 1912 the other day.

Amazing.. simply amazing.

I bloody love the thing.

Cold comfort, pal. You, Dick, all manner of other folks get these lovely pieces to work. Jeez! What am I doing wrong? I have a GEM Contour II - that, to me, is the epitmomy of '70s awesome. I have this Personna injector, which is that ... but, the GT edition. It's so much sexier! I so much want it to work for me. Only the PAL adjustable is more sexy to my eyes, like the Personna, but has a boost dial!!! That is the RS Turbo.

The 1912 is ... simply ... superb! I have all manner of generations, iterations and computations of that razor and they're all gorgeous. i had a play with some growth and tried them all out over various passes, with, against and various lengths. Loved 'em all! All, except the GEM Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC) which is regarded as a face shredder - I've yet to pluck up the courage, but after three now good runs with an R41, I feel empowered.

I think I'm developing skin like Geo Fatboy :D Sensitive as ffff to High Plains Drifter in two months?

Re: RE: S.O.T.D Sat. 23rd Nov. to Frid.29th Nov. 2013

pjgh said:
Cold comfort, pal. You, Dick, all manner of other folks get these lovely pieces to work. Jeez! What am I doing wrong? I have a GEM Contour II - that, to me, is the epitmomy of '70s awesome. I have this Personna injector, which is that ... but, the GT edition. It's so much sexier! I so much want it to work for me. Only the PAL adjustable is more sexy to my eyes, like the Personna, but has a boost dial!!! That is the RS Turbo.

The 1912 is ... simply ... superb! I have all manner of generations, iterations and computations of that razor and they're all gorgeous. i had a play with some growth and tried them all out over various passes, with, against and various lengths. Loved 'em all! All, except the GEM Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC) which is regarded as a face shredder - I've yet to pluck up the courage, but after three now good runs with an R41, I feel empowered.

I think I'm developing skin like Geo Fatboy :D Sensitive as ffff to High Plains Drifter in two months?

Haha, give it a go. It could be your best yet! You'll never know until you try. :)

At least that's the epitome of your shaving worries now. I'm guessing it sure beats the dread you felt at just the thought of a shave only a few months ago!

Keep on keepin' on mate.

Oh yes, a bad shave today was a couple of months ago's wet dream ...

... a bad shave today leaves me scratchy, annoyed and longing for the following evening to enjoy a closer shave with a known good combo. I don't get irritation, shaving rash or anything even approaching that today. What a revolution! As well as conditioning my face with very disciplined shaving for a few weeks, I really do believe my olive oil routine has done wonders.

Keeping on? Course I will ... I'm on a roll now, enjoying all manner of random. More than a necessity, I have a new hobby. Expect reviews :D

Friday 29th, pre football shave,

Hot shower, O/H's elvive conditioner,
Proraso pre green
Ingrams
Edwin Jagger EJ46 Brush and Ikea rice bowl
Gillette super adjustable (passaround) #5
Shark SS (1)
Nivea Sensitive ASB
Trumpers Skye

First shave with the passaround, very pretty razor. A very close shave but about 20 minutes later it went a bit red and uncomfortable. Dabbed on some Sainsbury's witch hazel before I went out to calm it down. Probably me pushing the razor too hard, I'll have another couple of shaves before passing it on.

Team won 5-2 so a good result there though.

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Soap: Stirling Dressed man/orange chill
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: Weber DLC / UFO U2

The only soap that's not good from Stirling for me so far. Orange chill was amazing, a great shave after several days of growth. The splash actually hurt my face it's so mentholly! I love it!

Back
Top Bottom