S.O.T.D. Sat 23rd Jan to Fri 30th Jan

LEA Stick
EJ 25MM Synthetic
ATT R1 Kronos
Sputnik (1)
Myrsol Emulsion

First shave with this recently acquired LEA stick. The scent is different from the slightly older version, which had sort of a laundry soap scent. The new one is still light in fragrance, but has more of a bath soap scent, and more pleasant in my opinion. Performance is the same, i.e. excellent.

SOTD
Dr. John's Aphrodite soap
Doug Korn brush
Leresche #51
Nacet Stainless (3)
Alum
Florida Water AS
Have fun!
ab02b29948086270297fefaec130f09f.jpg

Prep - Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade - Personna GEM SE Stainless (#6)
Brush - Vie-Long 04312 Cachurro Horse
Soap - OSP Bay Rum
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS

For me, there really isn't a better feeling in shaving than removing the frozen towel from my face after a good shave. To neither feel nor see any hint of stubble is just fantastic. Well I beat that feeling today! OSP Bay Rum - WOW! .........just WOW!
This is a first for me on both fronts, the manufacturer and the scent. This is everything I want in a soap, lather, lubrication, comfort, it's all there, especially after feel, where it has excelled. This is just beautiful!
I shaved throughout December with the Fat Handled Tech, and all this month with the Clog Pruf. The difference in stubble length afterwards is now conclusive to me. Both leave me as always, BBS, but the SE has obviously acted as a straight does and affected follicle lift, allowing a closer cut. 48 hours after the SE, I've the same stubble as I have 24 after a DE shave.
I'll still never give up my DE's though!

Prep - Hot Water
Razor - Wilkinson "Sticky"
Blade - Feather
Soap - MWF
Brush - Vintage Stanley (Unknown model)
After - Cold water and a splash of Superdrug Sierra Breeze

First go with a Wilko Sticky and given how mild I found the Flip-top I thought I'd go with a Feather to balance it out. Not a blade I'm overly fond of but I had a feeling it'd be a good match and it was. The Stanley brush has been sitting around unused for a while and I'm not keen on it. Quite a decent brush but the loft is way too much for the lack of backbone.

Very good result though and I think I'll pair the razor and blade with a better brush and a soap, such as OSP or Nannys, that I enjoy more.

Prep - Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade - Personna GEM SE Stainless (#6)
Brush - Vie-Long 04312 Cachurro Horse
Soap - OSP Bay Rum
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS

For me, there really isn't a better feeling in shaving than removing the frozen towel from my face after a good shave. To neither feel nor see any hint of stubble is just fantastic. Well I beat that feeling today! OSP Bay Rum - WOW! .........just WOW!
This is a first for me on both fronts, the manufacturer and the scent. This is everything I want in a soap, lather, lubrication, comfort, it's all there, especially after feel, where it has excelled. This is just beautiful!
I shaved throughout December with the Fat Handled Tech, and all this month with the Clog Pruf. The difference in stubble length afterwards is now conclusive to me. Both leave me as always, BBS, but the SE has obviously acted as a straight does and affected follicle lift, allowing a closer cut. 48 hours after the SE, I've the same stubble as I have 24 after a DE shave.
I'll still never give up my DE's though!

I was amazed how I stayed smoother for longer after my first SE shave. It's like the follicles see the SE blade, think "sod this!" and bury themselves a bit deeper. :D

Shower
NSS OO Lemon, Basil & Mandarin
RR Barber Plissoft
Eveready 1912
GEM [1]
Barbus AS
Beckham Instinct Sport EDT

What a great noise this razor makes - awesome! The shave, well, I'm not sure what I was expecting... It's certainly no better than a a good DE/injector shave. It is definitely different though. Fortunately, I think I'm safe from this particular rabbit hole, although I could maybe see one or two of the cheaper SEs enter my den. :rolleyes::D

28th January 2016

Bulldog Face Wash
Martin De Candre Original Shaving Soap
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Face Lathered
Gillette Tech (Long Slot) & Eversharp Super Stainless (Vintage) (2)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_2900.JPG

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Aramis Aftershave & EDT
Pinaud Eau De Quinine Hair Tonic​

Second run with this vintage Ever Sharp blade and not as good as yesterday although a good result, so it may well have been the other variables. I'll go with this blade again tomorrow in another Gillette Tech.

25fb0dcf9cf092cc59a83f1d14b2d963.jpg
A bit of a good news/bad news shave tonight I'm afraid. Firstly the shave, which was outstanding due to the software and hardware. However I managed to drop the Futur razor and brush in the sink scuffing both the brush handle and top cap of the razor.
To complete my night I dropped the indefatigable Personna 74 blade behind the radiator and finally onto the floor. Upon inspection there were visible chips on the edge and on shave 28 it was still going strong as well. I was quite looking forward to seeing how many shaves I could comfortably get from it.
Great shave though , so Personna 74 I salute you!

HTGAM Chocolate Bourbon Soap
Merkur Futur
Merkur Futur Badger Brush
Personna 74 (28)
HTGAM Chocolate Bourbon Splash

Back
Top Bottom