S.O.T.D Sat. 12th Oct. to Frid. 18th Oct. 2013

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Simpsons best
Schick F type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
Xpec SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Friday 10-18-13. MUSIC: Misia.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DNN1yrHUsY[/video]

d88cae9e-4b7e-40dc-8787-6c7c0f11e985.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 28X56 - Gillette Rocket flare tip - Astra green #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Proraso vintage with lanolin - Alum block - Thayers Original Astringent - ASB 444 - ASL Myrsol Fórmula K.

Shavemac Opus Summum No.1
NEW Speick Shaving Soap
Vintage Karl Engels/Emir Razor
Polsilver SI Blade
Speick After Shave

[attachment=8746]

Attachments

• 2013-10-18 18.30.39.jpg
    2013-10-18 18.30.39.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 12
Friday night ...

Fish Tacos for dinner. Ghostdance 'Gathering Dust' on the turntable and Green Mark Vodka (with ice) alongside.

I really enjoyed my shave with the Gillette #77 last night, so went ahead with it again tonight but with the Wilkinson Sword blade I enjoyed in the Gillette Parat the other night.

Hot Towels
Olive Oil Blend PSO*
Boots Lather Shave Cream
Pure Badger Brush
Gillette 'New' Open Comb #77
Wilkinson Sword [3]
Hot Rinse
Cold Rinse
Alum
Witch Hazel Menthol Toner**
Quorum Aftershave
Recipe for Men Moisturiser

* 75% Olive Oil 15% Avocado Oil 10% Coconut Oil Squeeze of Lemon, Lime & Grapefruit Juices and Glycerine
** 85% Witch Hazel 10% Gin 5% Glycerine 10 Drop Olbas Oil 1 Drop Lavender EO

Three Pass - WTG, XTG & ATG

I had a good shave. Not a great shave, but a good shave. No nicks or weepers, but I did feel just a bit irritable afterwards, hence the multiple stage cooling from cold rinse, alum and my Witch Hazel Menthol Toner.

To be absolutely frank, I didn't get on with the cream. You lather it on your face, which worked out really well, but I just wasn't into it. Ingram's, I think I would have enjoyed the shave a lot more. I love the stuff! I also felt quite dry afterwards, so was glad for some moisturiser at the end.

Maybe the blade is reaching its end - three plays now. I'll try it in my Merkur 23C and switch it out if the first stroke is wrong.

In all, a good couple of notches less than last night, but still a good shave. Smoothness is between damn fine and baby smooth.

Great scent from the Quorum! The '80s are back, baby ...

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: DLC/Goliath XL Red Bronze

Lovely smooth no drama shave. One of my favourite set ups.

Prep: FitjarSoap Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Bakelite Slant
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black
Brush: Frank Shaving Chubby
Cream: TOOBS Coconut
Aftershave: Krampert's Bay Rum
Moisturiser: Fitjarsoap Lighthouse Aftershave Balm

It's been three and a half day since my last shave, and a perfect opportunity to use the Bakelite Slant Bar Razor. And loaded with the black 7 o'clock blade it was a real treat. Too bad I am a little hesitant to use it. Because if I drop it, I break it.
I wouldn't mind investing in a 3D printer and make a copy of it. But it is probably more difficult than that :)

I also face lathered cream for the first time, and that worked very well. Absolutely something I will do again. It really produced an excellent coat of lather, and was a joy to shave with. The down side was that the TOOBS cream started to itch/burn on my third pass. I am starting to suspect that my skin is developing a sensitivity issue in my senior years. I have been noticing irritation more and more lately.
Hopefully it is just my lack of proper technique that is roughing up my skin and not the products.

The Krampert's Bay Rum aftershave is just getting better and better. Way to go Mr. Krampert, you have made a great product

[attachment=8759]

Attachments

• 19.10.213.JPG
    19.10.213.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 16
pjgh said:
Your slant looks like a lovely piece of equipment. What brand is it?

I think it was made by Merkur. It is a vintage piece that (if I remember correctly) was discovered in a store house a few years ago. The stock was bought up by the man behind Italianbarber and sold for $24 if my memory serves me right.

It generated a cult like following due to its performance and quickly sold out.
The stock is now depleted, but hopefully someone will make a copy of it.
Personally I love, but is considering getting a metal slant razor to compare with

Back
Top Bottom