Ryder Cup 2012

Interesting article from Saturday...

http://espn.go.com/golf/rydercup12/story/_/id/8434982/ryder-cup-all-locked-us

Here is how it starts off:

MEDINAH, Ill. -- For those who think this Ryder Cup is finished, think again. Team Europe can still win if the following five things happen Sunday:

-- Keegan Bradley is abducted.

-- Team USA captain Davis Love III inserts Cup spectators Michael Jordan, President George W. Bush, Amy Mickelson and the Rev. Jesse Jackson into the singles lineup.

-- Lee Westwood: U.S. citizen.

-- Marty McFly shows Team Europe captain Jose Maria Olazabal how to go back in time. Last Friday morning will do.

I didn't watch any of this Ryder Cup and I'm really wishing I had now. Europe won 14.5 to the USA's 13.5, looks like some exceptional golf was played by both teams and the true winner, once again, is the game of golf.

Boab said:
Amazing display, watched the whole thing last night. How much did you boys win then?

Just enough for a little drink (I put £20 on) - and I owe Tiger Woods one if I ever bump into him.

I don't do impulse or emotional betting as I'm always looking for value. "Value" being those occaisions when I think the bookies have drastically underestimated a team's chances (like being offered odds of 2/1 on a coin toss). I knew Europe would probably be long odds to win but 7/1 was a much bigger price than I would have given.

I wasn't the only one either. By the time my bet was processed they had gone from 7/1 to 6/1.

If I had been using Betfair I probably would have layed the Europe win after 5 matches for a smaller (but guarenteed) profit and saved my nerves.

A good bet right now, Ulster to win the European heineken cup I've watched them several times this season and at 20/1 they are a good bet, with an excellent team a more importantly a strong squad.

Jamie

joe mcclaine said:
Boab said:
Amazing display, watched the whole thing last night. How much did you boys win then?

Just enough for a little drink (I put £20 on) - and I owe Tiger Woods one if I ever bump into him.

I don't do impulse or emotional betting as I'm always looking for value. "Value" being those occaisions when I think the bookies have drastically underestimated a team's chances (like being offered odds of 2/1 on a coin toss). I knew Europe would probably be long odds to win but 7/1 was a much bigger price than I would have given.

I wasn't the only one either. By the time my bet was processed they had gone from 7/1 to 6/1.

If I had been using Betfair I probably would have layed the Europe win after 5 matches for a smaller (but guarenteed) profit and saved my nerves.

Cheers for the tip Jamie.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Rugby at that level to risk much of my own money.

I might stick a few quid on now and if they do well I might be able to lay them later.

Boab said:
Interesting article from Saturday...

http://espn.go.com/golf/rydercup12/story/_/id/8434982/ryder-cup-all-locked-us

Here is how it starts off:

MEDINAH, Ill. -- For those who think this Ryder Cup is finished, think again. Team Europe can still win if the following five things happen Sunday:

-- Keegan Bradley is abducted.

-- Team USA captain Davis Love III inserts Cup spectators Michael Jordan, President George W. Bush, Amy Mickelson and the Rev. Jesse Jackson into the singles lineup.

-- Lee Westwood: U.S. citizen.

-- Marty McFly shows Team Europe captain Jose Maria Olazabal how to go back in time. Last Friday morning will do.

:icon_razz::icon_razz:poor blokes taking a hammering and rightly so:icon_razz::icon_razz:

Did you really always think that golf was a Chinese sport? How did you get to that conclusion?

" Did you really always think that golf was a Chinese sport? How did you get to that conclusion? "
Not golf as such, but there seems to be a reasonably well documented route of very similar past-times across the globe. Minor rule changes/mistranslations etc - Just like Football, Rugby football, Rugby league - where were they borne, they certainly have a common ancestor. The comment was posted mainly as a way of teasing the northern tribe about their weather!
love'n'joy
Lloyd

pugh-the-special-one said:
A good bet right now, Ulster to win the European heineken cup I've watched them several times this season and at 20/1 they are a good bet, with an excellent team a more importantly a strong squad.

Jamie

I got on them at 20/1 and they were 15/1 last night.

I'll be looking to lay the bet off if they get off to a good start at the weekend (nailed on, I should think) ... or hold off to see if they win their group / qualify for the next round.

joe mcclaine said:
pugh-the-special-one said:

Jamie

I got on them at 20/1 and they were 15/1 last night.

I'll be looking to lay the bet off if they get off to a good start at the weekend (nailed on, I should think) ... or hold off to see if they win their group / qualify for the next round.

I've also put a few pound on them at 20/1 they are kicking off with a tough home game against Castre a big French outfit but I fully expect them to win that one, then I guess you would be lucky to get them for 10/1

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom