Ryder Cup 2012

Anyone watching?

First time in 20 years I'm not hosting a last night party here. What excitement we had over the years. Sadly, too many friends have passed on or moved away.

Hoping that Europe will at least keep interest alive a bit longer. What a finish last night!

Hiya,

On Friday morning I happened to be near Medinah and did a little driving around to check things out. I know a few members and they'd been jacked up for months anticipating the event. Pretty darn tough ticket.

So one of the closest main streets (Irving Park) to the entrance is a two lane road with houses on each side. Heh, it looked like a Cubs game, with all the neighbors holding and waving signs advertising parking. Average price was around $20, and you had to walk maybe a mile or two once you parked in their driveway or yard or wherever.

Friend of mine (Pauly) owns a bar right across the street from the tournament. You can read about his last brush with a PGA sponsored event back in 2006. He should do real well this time.

Martin
http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/news/15295473-418/ryder-cup-draws-international-tourists-big-spending-to-chicago.html

Gowf! A long walk spoiled. All that time amidst beautiful scenery and all you do is look at a wee white ba'. :p

If we were winning, I'd be waxing lyrical about how Scotland gave birth to the glorious game and the exquisite skill/fighting spirit of the European players. :icon_rolleyes:

Daft game!

Exciting stuff so far.

The annoying, random shouts here and there would have me wrapping a 3 iron round someone's swede (well, it must be useful for something).

Saying its a "daft game" is my way of dealing with the disappointment and the fact that when I played, I was atrocious. When my football team get beaten, I frequently bemoan the beautiful game and ask who the daft bugger was that invented it.

:D :p

It's tighter than a gnat's chuff at the moment.

As I try to put as little funds as possible into Murdoch's evil empire it means I'm reduced to listening to it on 5 Live. However, the BBC commentary is as excellent as you'd expect.

Back
Top Bottom