Russian Shaving Brushes

Blades at the top and brush last of all with the cologne being just so damn scary, you'd be frightened to place it. Anyway, I'm not convinced it's cologne, I bet the Russians drink it and just put fancy labels on to fool international observers from the WHO.

Canuck said:
I'm so interested to hear about the all-Russian shave, it's something I wanted to do for a long time but I couldn't get all the kit together, I think it's a fantastic quest. Keep us updated!

(Although I rather suspect the blades are the very best bit!)

I suspect you may be right. The shave creams come with a good reputation so we shall see.

I will keep you posted. Probably first week of February I suspect for creams & cologne. Brush hopefully tomorrow.

Bye for now......

Jon

While Russia has M. meles badgers, they most certainly aren't known for making badger brushes. I don't think the communist regime thought that luxury shaving brushes would be important to manufacture.

That said, it would make sense that they made boar brushes.

It's coming together. Just waiting on delivery of Svoboda after shave cream and the Troynoy cologne [http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RUSSIAN-C...120984706085?pt=fragrance&hash=item1c2b401c25].

Here's the collection so far, comrades..

P1030331_zps48ee1ffd.jpg

Watch this space....

jds said:
My god, I like that razor... any idea where I could get hold of one?

Love the hat too, was actually trying to get a Russian Flag hand towel or something similar.

I think I'm becoming a little obsessed!!

Jon

I like the design too, but cannot help much as I'm more into straight razors. I came across this on the Italian forum, they say that it is quite difficult to find.

Tried out Tet-a-Tet shave cream this morning. Excellent stuff but not for those who like smellies in their lather. Thick, rich and creamy lather after the initial foaming due to havingthe brush too wet.

I agree, Russian straights are good quality, but the combination of local DE + local balde would maximize the Russian content :icon_cheesygrin:

And what about a Russian face cloth as well? :icon_cheesygrin:

Back
Top Bottom