Review: Timeless Razor's OC model

DB......Any chance you could do a review of the razor being used on a daily basis?

Sure but it might be a few weeks out.
I'm doing a shave #3 on Monday with four days of stubble to see how it handles that and then I'm off to try out the Rocnel SE50 for a week...and then I have a 'secret' razor coming that I want to spend at least a week on...and I have a 1980's Merkut Futur that I would love to try.
Having said all that (#FirstworldProblems) its absolutely a razor I will come back to so I will use it as a daily driver in, say, 3-4 weeks

Sure but it might be a few weeks out.
I'm doing a shave #3 on Monday with four days of stubble to see how it handles that and then I'm off to try out the Rocnel SE50 for a week...and then I have a 'secret' razor coming that I want to spend at least a week on...and I have a 1980's Merkut Futur that I would love to try.
Having said all that (#FirstworldProblems) its absolutely a razor I will come back to so I will use it as a daily driver in, say, 3-4 weeks
What's that you say? A modern GEM blade razor? No!
#LetTheRumorsBegin

SHAVE REPORT #3

After not having shaved for four days I had a rather healthy growth going into the den this morning - but I was really curious as to how the TR razor would handle it.

Lathered up some T&H soap with my semi-floppy EJ brush (still a great brush) and put the same Rapira blade into the razor that I used for the prior two shaves. So the razor had to deal with both my longer whiskers as well as a blade that is on its third use.

It handled it...extremely well.
Two passes as per usual (WTG and ATG).
Already after the first pass (WTG) I was essentially clean shaven (let's say about 85%). Some of my regular trouble spots - under the chin and nose - still needed some work but the second pass (ATG) smoothed out those areas as well as the rest of the face.
Still the same nice audible feedback and a shave that "feels" aggressive..but stops short of biting.

So four days of growth and a blade on it's third tour of duty did not face (no pun intended) this razor the slightest.

I'm seeing shave reports and reviews coming in on other forums now from people getting the OC razor and was pleased to see that these reports are very similar to my own.

Can't wait for TR to launch their redesigned handle as that is the only thing holding me back from giving this razor a big, shiny gold star.
Love the head - fantastic design in both looks and performance - a pure pleasure to use and one of the best razor heads I have ever tried.

21eympv.jpg

SHAVE REPORT #3

After not having shaved for four days I had a rather healthy growth going into the den this morning - but I was really curious as to how the TR razor would handle it.

Lathered up some T&H soap with my semi-floppy EJ brush (still a great brush) and put the same Rapira blade into the razor that I used for the prior two shaves. So the razor had to deal with both my longer whiskers as well as a blade that is on its third use.

It handled it...extremely well.
Two passes as per usual (WTG and ATG).
Already after the first pass (WTG) I was essentially clean shaven (let's say about 85%). Some of my regular trouble spots - under the chin and nose - still needed some work but the second pass (ATG) smoothed out those areas as well as the rest of the face.
Still the same nice audible feedback and a shave that "feels" aggressive..but stops short of biting.

So four days of growth and a blade on it's third tour of duty did not face (no pun intended) this razor the slightest.

I'm seeing shave reports and reviews coming in on other forums now from people getting the OC razor and was pleased to see that these reports are very similar to my own.

Can't wait for TR to launch their redesigned handle as that is the only thing holding me back from giving this razor a big, shiny gold star.
Love the head - fantastic design in both looks and performance - a pure pleasure to use and one of the best razor heads I have ever tried.

21eympv.jpg
Wow that is a big endorsement and good enough for me, how do we go about ordering one DB?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wow that is a big endorsement and good enough for me, how do we go about ordering one DB?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
This can be ordered at Timelessrazor.com or we have an ebay store as well. I know some people don't like to order things online and if you happen to be one of those people, please email me through our site and we can work out special orders.
Thanks,
Mark

SHAVE REPORT #3

Hiya doin DB,

From the couple things you've said about the performance I get that this head is efficient, maybe more than most. That aggressive nature which means having to pay special attention to detail doesn't attract me, even if the shave's a little smoother than usual.

So do you feel the blade on your face in a good or bad way? Comfortable or not? That's the deal breaker for me and I have a feeling this ain't the razor for me.

Martin

Hiya doin DB,

From the couple things you've said about the performance I get that this head is efficient, maybe more than most. That aggressive nature which means having to pay special attention to detail doesn't attract me, even if the shave's a little smoother than usual.

So do you feel the blade on your face in a good or bad way? Comfortable or not? That's the deal breaker for me and I have a feeling this ain't the razor for me.

Martin

I knew someone would ask me about details on that.. :)

It's one of the trickiest heads to put my finger on when it comes to 'how aggressive it is'.
To me, the definition of 'aggressive' has always been "Does it just bark..or is it likely to also bite?". Efficiency and comfort are related to this but can be rated separately.

This razor often gives me the impression that it could well bite me - and I think it's because of the rather pronounced blade feel when you shave - but, and this is where it gets muddy for me - it has never come close to biting. Not a scratch or nick. Nothing. Compare this to the King Cobra for instance that commands a lot of attention and still cuts me every other time I use it :)

This last shave I relaxed quite a bit and got a bit 'careless'/quick in my shave - and nothing happened.
It's a close, rather audible - and comfortable - shave that I truly enjoy and I think in the shaves ahead I will be able to get rid of the perception that it'll bite. I'm faceturbating a bit right now and 6-7 hours later my face is still smooth w/out any signs of any stubble.

There's some similar thoughts in one or two of the other people's reviews that I linked to on that same topic.

Comfortable or not? That's the deal breaker for me and I have a feeling this ain't the razor for me.
What are, say, your top two DE razors of all time?

The positive response to our launch has been overwhelming, and we appreciate the feedback. A few things have become apparent to us; the price difference between SB and OC is too big has been the biggest.

We have rolled up our sleeves and worked in the shop this past week to bring cycle times down on the machining of the OC head and cap. We brought in new custom tooling to help with this process. The results have been great! The cycle time and the finish off of the CNC machines has been greatly improved. This improvement on the finish from the CNC has also drastically improved our hand polishing time on the OC. So I am pleased to tell you that there is a much smaller price gap between the OC and SB razors. We will also be sending a refund for the difference to our clients who have already purchased the OC.

Here at Timeless Razor we want to work with the wet shaving community to provide the best razors possible. We are confident that our improvements on the processing of these razors will benefit you as well. We will continue to welcome your feedback, and make improvements.

Happy Shaving,

Timeless Razor

The positive response to our launch has been overwhelming, and we appreciate the feedback. A few things have become apparent to us; the price difference between SB and OC is too big has been the biggest.

We have rolled up our sleeves and worked in the shop this past week to bring cycle times down on the machining of the OC head and cap. We brought in new custom tooling to help with this process. The results have been great! The cycle time and the finish off of the CNC machines has been greatly improved. This improvement on the finish from the CNC has also drastically improved our hand polishing time on the OC. So I am pleased to tell you that there is a much smaller price gap between the OC and SB razors. We will also be sending a refund for the difference to our clients who have already purchased the OC.

Here at Timeless Razor we want to work with the wet shaving community to provide the best razors possible. We are confident that our improvements on the processing of these razors will benefit you as well. We will continue to welcome your feedback, and make improvements.

Happy Shaving,

Timeless Razor

Great news.

I see that the OC model came down from $285 to $220 (£155) now :)

Looking at some current competitors w/in the DE area there are;

Blackland - $160
ATT, Kronos (probably the most popular one) - $185
Pils, say, 101NE - $220
Wolfman - $235

With the Timeless razor now being $185 for the SB model and $220 for the OC model I'd say they present much better than the previous price point.
Well done offering refunds as well to people who bought at the higher price.

Last edited:
I knew someone would ask me about details on that.. :)

It's one of the trickiest heads to put my finger on when it comes to 'how aggressive it is'.
To me, the definition of 'aggressive' has always been "Does it just bark..or is it likely to also bite?". Efficiency and comfort are related to this but can be rated separately.

This razor often gives me the impression that it could well bite me - and I think it's because of the rather pronounced blade feel when you shave - but, and this is where it gets muddy for me - it has never come close to biting.

This last shave I relaxed quite a bit and got a bit 'careless'/quick in my shave - and nothing happened.
It's a close, rather audible - and comfortable - shave that I truly enjoy.

What are, say, your top two DE razors of all time?

So rather pronounced blade feel, like around the #7-8 Gillette scale I think you said before. But it's comfortable to you eh? Sounds forgiving too, which is surprising from what you said about how it seems ready to bite but doesn't.

The razors used most by me are real mild ones with a sharp blade. Either a Fatboy/Executive dialed to #4 or a Stahly head stuck on various longer type handles....those would be my favorite two razors.

From what you've said, it sounds like there's a fair bit of difference between those and the open comb here.

Back
Top Bottom