Restored Razors

Dobbo25 said:
I know it looks a bit mucky, Is there any brassing or pitting? Once cleaned up a replate might not be necessary.
I'd still go down the road for a partial refund say£20-£30 as the cost of repair for the doors not closing properly, which he never mentioned. :dodgy::icon_cheesygrin:

I have contacted the seller highlighting my concerns and I'll see how he responds.

Ta
Jon

Perished said:
Couldn't resist any longer .Sent two razors off today for plating. The Red Tip I bought on here just last week, asking for it to be plated gold, with the red tip knob in silver.
And the second one... Well, I'll post a pic when it comes back. Safe to say if it can be done, it'll be the first time EVER. I think.

Did you ever post pictures of this mate

Al H said:
Perished said:
Couldn't resist any longer .Sent two razors off today for plating. The Red Tip I bought on here just last week, asking for it to be plated gold, with the red tip knob in silver.
And the second one... Well, I'll post a pic when it comes back. Safe to say if it can be done, it'll be the first time EVER. I think.

Did you ever post pictures of this mate

Talk about synchronicity...

Sent off a Cobra Classic and Gillette Red Tip to be replated.
I asked for the Cobra to be coated in black chrome as i recall, and the Red Tip, silver handle with gold knob.

Weeks passed.

Then, a package.

Inside, two neatly wrapped razors along with a note which read 'Don't use the Red Tip for a week, give it time for the paint to dry'.
Ok.

The Cobra was untouched, as was the Red Tip, apart from a newly painted knob, painted red.
And that was it.

Something must have got lost in translation somewhere along the lines.

Evening chaps... I've just had a razor arrive in great condition, but its box has seen better days. Does anyone know of anywhere that repairs or restores razor boxes?

They arrived last night, nice and shiny :)

i'll take some pics tonight and post them along with before pics

EDIT: pics on dropbox, but the shorten link system isnt working at the moment so cant post them...

Just collected a nice shiny newly chromed Fatboy from the post sorting office. The work done by Dave is first class very pleased with his work. It even came back in a new plastic box just the right size for the razor.
I have some more work lined up for him next month...

Brian

Aristocrat #15 Before

wNCxRZoR

njf7pPpE

Le8vRH0Q

xiOuhX2T

After Rhodium Re-plate

fLFM13IJ

QqRx0xX3

U3M6HRZg

kXBszJo1

QVX2wdZu

OC Heads (Old type, New Improved, NEW SC, NEW LC) Before

VLncBzlG

YZf4Oaug

After Rhodium Re-plate

P224wOvT

IWFa6lo0

Pictures dont to them justice, they look better in person! I'm in the reflection of most pics.

I just need to decide what to have my other #15 and Popular plated with now.

Really nice indeed. Almost feel like getting my £5 Tech replated in Rhodium for £30+ just to have it so nice and shiny! Makes no economic sense I know but I had a brassy New replated to gold so I suppose I have form

I have a yearning for a collection of 7 o'clock News.

One in Nickel, one Rhodium, one Black Chrome and one Gold.

I have the Rhodium and the Nickel, just need to send the other 2 off when funds permit.

That sounds good, how different do the Rhodium and Nickel heads look?

i think when i send the other #15 off, that will be black chrome and the Popular will be nickel.

i'm just waiting to find a cheap US aristocrat that needs replating to send with them for a nickel at the same time.

red tip restored just arrived at my work today

nickel plate than silver for stem and head with the TTO is rose gold

65096B02-1B34-4B29-85E4-3C65E02F5D24-5671-0000019DE1D12623_zps1cdc4c0a.jpg

DDC3903D-4788-45BB-8FB1-2EEACE54B966-5671-0000019DD90DD25D_zpsa0abbc45.jpg

E5CB7024-94A6-4F3C-9F67-A6125EC5E2C5-5671-0000019DC6C49634_zpse293ddcb.jpg

CDADB2A2-1422-40D6-AEBE-BC0C8172AB78-5671-0000019DB96E3636_zps2c803a6c.jpg

i shant be keeping it though the den keeps building up and i know it wont get the use, no point looking stunning on the shelf

Hello.

Does anybody know if anything happened to Dave?

I was exchanging e-mails for a few days regarding the restoration of one of my razors, and when I was in the process of sending it to him I never got any further reply.
I still send it to him last week, but have no idea if he got it, is working on it, or whatever.

I also tried calling, but noone answered. :icon_sad:

Back
Top Bottom