Restored Razors

monkeytennis said:
Just got my new (which I'm going for black chrome) and #88 and case all packaged up to send to Dave tomorrow. Really rather excited to see the end results!

Will come back looking great, pop some pictures up?

Another bonus is the return packaging, wee plastic boxes which are ideal for blades/razor/alum storage..........

Perished said:
Couldn't resist any longer .Sent two razors off today for plating. The Red Tip I bought on here just last week, asking for it to be plated gold, with the red tip knob in silver.
And the second one... Well, I'll post a pic when it comes back. Safe to say if it can be done, it'll be the first time EVER. I think.

Geez you held out for quiet a while I'm impressed ;)

I've just had an email from Dave to say my Gillette New Long comb, that I have had Rhodium plated is on its way. Just a little excited.

I shall post up some before and after pictures.

So here it is

This is the before shots.

IMG_0255_zps146c8e17.jpg
IMG_0256_zps5eef253a.jpg

Dave decided that there was a bit too much wear on the ends of the top cap, so he swapped it out for a NOS Rhodium Top Cap he had in stock :)

This is the result.

IMG_0512-2_zpsf91077e1.jpg
IMG_0513-2_zpsae8341ca.jpg

The plan was always to pair this with either my UFO2 handle or my iKon Bulldog, here it is combined with the Bulldog. :D :D :D :D

IMG_0517_zps28977882.jpg

That is awesome! I like the look of the head, can they be bought fairly reasonable? I have a spare handle on the way.......

I have been on another thread where this head was recommended.

Just paired a Webber handle with a Merkur head today. Will give it a try this evening.

Yes, they are pretty common, you normally get them as a complete razor. I actually got this head for free from a friendly member here ( Thanks Jamies :) )

Either a Gillette New Long Comb, or a 7 o'clock New Long Comb is what you are after.

To have just the head Rhodium plated cost me £35.00, if you just wanted Nickel plating that would be cheaper.

Do you know what the average price of the long comb's are? just the razor, no box?

Lose the beard said:
Yes, they are pretty common, you normally get them as a complete razor. I actually got this head for free from a friendly member here ( Thanks Jamies :) )

Either a Gillette New Long Comb, or a 7 o'clock New Long Comb is what you are after.

To have just the head Rhodium plated cost me £35.00, if you just wanted Nickel plating that would be cheaper.

Eyes are open, though at this rate what with UFO and Webber handles, R41's, just plated vintage TTO's birth year Super Adjustable (thanks Brian, I have not forgotten you) and NOTTHESTIG trading me a large number of blades I have a different test combo to try every day for a year now!

Still, it's cheaper than my other passion (shooting) or I thought it was :icon_rolleyes:

Cheers,

Cyril

Lose the beard said:
Hairsuite said:
Do you know what the average price of the long comb's are? just the razor, no box?

You should be able to pick one up in reasonable condition for about £20 - £25.

You might be lucky and find one on ebay for a lot less ;)

Firstly I'd like to thank Dave at Restored Razors for the replate and Jamie from TSR for restoring and honing a Kropp for me.
I have a couple of before and after pics for the Fatboy but only after ones for the Kropp. Unfortunately my photos cannot do justice to the excellent work Dave and Jamie have carried out on these razors.

Before
Razors069_zpsca548b56.jpg

After
Razors178_zpscdb731bf.jpg

Razors160_zpsc88e9989.jpg

And the Kropp
Razors170_zps657da398.jpg

Razors174_zps7f868534.jpg

My Aristocrat just came back from Dave who replated it in rhodium, fantastic job done by Dave,again photos don't do it justice as it looks fantastic in the flesh!! some before and afters

DSC_0200_zpsf23171ce.jpg

DSC_0208_zps9c560143.jpg

After

DSC_0011_zps8fa37fb9.jpg

DSC_0007_zps42932a99.jpg

Back
Top Bottom