RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush

Just got mine,

The handle is of good heft and quality, it's worth $10 easy on it's own.

The only negative is I should have bought another one.

Picked mine up yesterday, not used it yet but I will today.
As everyone has said it looks to be pretty good quality, especially for the price paid.
Here it is next to my Fine brush for image.jpg image.jpg .

Mine arrived as well. There where a lot of fine scratches on the bottom outer ring and between the middle ring and the knot there was a complete dull circle around the brush, I suspect this was caused by friction with the box. It took some work but the dull part is almost gone and most of the scratches also. But hey for that price....

Mine arrived as well. There where a lot of fine scratches on the bottom outer ring and between the middle ring and the knot there was a complete dull circle around the brush, I suspect this was caused by friction with the box. It took some work but the dull part is almost gone and most of the scratches also. But hey for that price....
Finally got mine today (as I was away, it was locked in the Mail Room at work on Friday) and exactly the same with the dull ring. Hoping it will polish out later, but apart from that it looks a steal for the price.

Last edited:
It is no longer visible, I used a very mild abrasive paste. Tested it and it's a wonderful brush. A little bigger knot then the Plisson so a bit more backbone. It's a nice middle of the road between the Plisson and the Stirling 26mm. The other brush I ordered was the RazoRock Synthetic Badger 22mm and I found that to be a great little brush also. IMHO has the same hair and density as the Muhle brushes.

2ZKckSZ.jpg

UdsJDJ9.jpg

I finally got to use the brush over the week end, dont think its my cup of tea but I will give a couple more goes first.
The knot seems to be thin, so even though it looks large it all seems to combine together and not be very scrubby, which I like. Prefer the smaller knot of the Fine.

I never thought that I'd take to synthetics, as most of the older ones didn't suit me and were like using a brush made up of nylon fishing line. I've changed my mind considerably with Plisson, Plissoft and Stirling, so that if I didn't have horses and badgers to keep going, I'd use only the synthetics.
I haven't even used my Limited Edition (of 9) Neep Ursa Major brush, which arrived at the same time as the Plissons!

I recently bought this one:

http://www.italianbarber.com/collec...dle-razorock-plissoft-synthetic-shaving-brush

I will be brutally honest in stating that although I am a rabid MÜHLE synthetic fan, having both their Silvertip & Black Fibre versions, that one would be better served by buying this economical one as to be frank I can discern little difference between them. If there be any perceived difference it's not enough to warrant the extra money for the Teutonic brushes.

Back
Top Bottom