Rapira Blades

Cheers too for replies re: Swedish vs BPB Rapiras. I am looking forward to trying some out thanks to Brianpilman. Would they be on a par with the regular Gillette 7 O'C range (found Yellows a little nasty in my latest try with one in Weber)?

NotTheStig said:
They all feel different. The Swedish super steels are IMHO the best - very smooth and sharp. The platinum Lux are not as good but are smoother than the pink and blue super stainless. The super stainless are sharp, fairly smooth and cheap.

Having tried the Rapira Stainless, Swedish Supersteel and Platinum Lux all once, the Swedish blades are the clear winner for me. Almost felt like it wasn't cutting and no nicks but smooth. Lux blades were smooth but some nicks and stainless blades more nicks and irritation. Overall I am impressed with these blades. The Swedish blades lasted 6 shaves and were still going strong but Rapira SS really only got 2 shaves with 3rd being quite rough. Time will tell if they continue to impress.

Just used two Rapira Swedish supersteel for the past two weeks.Got 6 shaves from each blade.Sharp and super smooth.Really pleased with them they are really impressing me.

Yeah, I've been using the Supersteels on and off for over a year now. I agree that they are great blades, not as sharp for me as many others, but very smooth and dependable. It is quite difficult to get nicked with them..... and they are affordable too.
John H.

I've found the Voskhod and Rapira Platinum Lux to be excellent blades. Far better than anything else I've used, EVER. I'm so tempted to buy a hundred of each, like any other bulk purchase, how can I be sure they're not going to be counterfeits?

Stick to well reviewed sellers such as http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/unuta77?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 but like most things on the internet, you're always taking some chance but lessens with a bit of common sense. If they are duds then via ebay/paypal there should be some recourse. Of course, this assumes your current blades aren't counterfeit ;)

eneville said:
I've found the Voskhod and Rapira Platinum Lux to be excellent blades. Far better than anything else I've used, EVER. I'm so tempted to buy a hundred of each, like any other bulk purchase, how can I be sure they're not going to be counterfeits?

geezer said:
Stick to well reviewed sellers such as http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/unuta77?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 but like most things on the internet, you're always taking some chance but lessens with a bit of common sense. If they are duds then via ebay/paypal there should be some recourse. Of course, this assumes your current blades aren't counterfeit ;)

Are counterfeits common on blades? ...or are you just talking theoretically?

How do people think these compare with the Polsilver Super Iridiums? I am really liking these just now but wondering if I should grab a few (read: 100) of these too before they latch on to the lust for them on forums and ramp the price up! Might flog some of my Feather which are seeing little use since I got the Polsilvers to fund them!

I don't mean to sound cheeky, but is anybody able to send me a Rapira Swedish Super Steel blade so that I can give them a try? I currently use Feathers in my Slim Adjustable.

Thanks
Goody54321.

Back
Top Bottom