Proraso Sandalwood aftershave lotion

A little follow up from my experience. I used some Green Splash and actually found that for my nose, other than the menthol they were pretty darn close on dry down. I almost wonder if some batches got more sandalwood or something based on the divergence of how this is smelling to people. Not trying to start any rumours or anything it's just interesting how opinions are split on the sandalwood smell.

It's really funny to read here your impressions about an italian product that, you know what ?, is not sold in Italy :mad::mad: And I refuse to spend 12/15 € plus shipping from abroad for a product that normally (the Green lotion or the White, Blue and Green balm) is sold at 4/5 € in any little mall. So, enjoy yours :)

All sneakiness aside, you did prompt me to do a search for Proraso in Italy, and yep I can buy it there and have it shipped to Finland for much less than I have been, so next time I stock up, I can save quite a bin. Thanks for that.

Just got mine and tried it this morning.

I won't say its the greatest thing since sliced bread but I find it suits me well. If used alone, a faint sandalwood scent hangs about for about an hour. Use it as an accompaniment to, for instance, 'Tam Dao', and it all works in a highly synergistic manner. I tried this in a second application today!

I don't like AS to be too strong anyway as I prefer to let the EDT take the strain.
Thats a good point match the AS with an EDT to top it off. Id like to see proraso release a cologne of some sort.

The OSP splash on aftershaves certainly have staying power. Check them out. I got the Lavender which is excellent, very soothing but I don't get along with the scent. Open to offers. I paid £12.00 & have only used a few drops. I will order another scent from OSP soon.

Hm, would like a second impression on this.
I'm really interested in buying the AS but a lasting scent is important to me.
The standard advice is, of course, that a lasting scent is not the job of the AS but of the EDT. If I want a sandalwood day I use Tam Dao after the Proraso. So, no, it's not a long lasting scent. An hour max I would say. By coincidence I'm just finishing my current bottle and will be buying another.

The standard advice is, of course, that a lasting scent is not the job of the AS but of the EDT. If I want a sandalwood day I use Tam Dao after the Proraso. So, no, it's not a long lasting scent. An hour max I would say. By coincidence I'm just finishing my current bottle and will be buying another.
I agree, but really like the lasting fragrance from by Pinaud. It doesn't need to last the whole day but 3-4 hours would do it for me. Ah well, will probably buy it anyway once I find it on sale somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom