Proraso Sandalwood aftershave lotion

Yep, all that YMMV thing. Reading your comments I can relate for sure, not in owning the product but for every qualm stated.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes, I think am still in when it will land on Blighty's shores.
Saying that, I am not a balm user, but isn't the white balm from Proraso supposed to be astonishingly good?
I've used the green 'menthol' balm, that is good. Also I use the Red pre as a post and that does a decent job too. However if you try and put too much of the Red on your face it takes ages to soak in.

Just got mine and tried it this morning.

I won't say its the greatest thing since sliced bread but I find it suits me well. If used alone, a faint sandalwood scent hangs about for about an hour. Use it as an accompaniment to, for instance, 'Tam Dao', and it all works in a highly synergistic manner. I tried this in a second application today!

I don't like AS to be too strong anyway as I prefer to let the EDT take the strain.

Ok, using this now over two weeks.
I can report back that from a scent point it's not too similar to the red croap when splashed but quickly changed to be identical to the Proraso version of Sandalwood in the dry down stage.

It's stays very close to the skin and you can still get a whiff after 5 to 7 hours.

Now for the best part the skin care, this is 10/10 which I didn't give lightly, moisturising is on par with Nivea balm especially felt on Dolphin Smooth Shaved face. Do we need to name a new acronym? DSS (I thank Billy here for introducing me to the concept).

Sent from my DSS face using a 1930's Wardonia Devon.

Last edited:
Ok, using this now over two weeks.
I can report back that from a scent point it's not too similar to the red croap when splashed but quickly changed to be identical to the Proraso version of Sandalwood in the dry down stage.

It's stays very close to the skin and you can still get a whiff after 5 to 7 hours.

Now for the best part the skin care, this is 10/10 which I didn't give lightly, moisturising is on par with Nivea balm especially felt on Dolphin Smooth Shaved face. Do we need to name a new acronym? DSS (I thank Billy here for introducing me to the concept).

Sent from my DSS face using a 1930's Wardonia Devon.
Glad to hear its moisturising, which is the main reason I would buy it. Hai Karate is also very moisturising which is why I love using it, and the scent of course.

Can't say I noticed anything special about it... my skin felt good after the shave, but it usually does anyway. Was zero burn from it, but I'm not sure if that was due to a good shave or the recipe in the bottle. The scent, when compared to the shaving soap, is a dead ringer. Obviously wait and get a few more opinions.

@Scowley - I'm in the ROI, so between restrictions and costs it's not really worth it :-(

@jb74 I'm also in the ROI - fancy a trade for the Proraso Red?

Ok, 3 weeks with the red lotion and I can safely say that this now sits firmly at top end of skin care and post shave qualities for traditional after shave.

Until now it was Pitralon Swiss and Speick but the Proraso scent and moisture retention last far longer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I like the Red Splash, but for me it doesn't smell at all like the soap. It seems like different people have different reactions with this. For me, it takes me back to my first experiences with aftershave as a teenager in California, and though I'm sure I'm the only one who smells it this way, find it reminiscent of English Leather, or rather the way I'd wished it smelt and felt back in the day.

It's good stuff, great scent and face feel like all Proraso products, just don't be surprised if it doesn't smell like the soap to you.

Back
Top Bottom