Preferred blended whisky

Famous Grouse for me!! To drink by itself. It half Macallan and half Highland Park I think so that's all good.
For mixing Bells as its got more bite.

They are about the only two blends I drink.
And Gin.
Cheers,
Tim.

Well, it's been a while, but Famous Grouse and J&B Rare are drinkable without having to drown them. If it's a matter of whiskey, I've a decided fondness for Powers, not sure why though.

I was of HM's opinion about the Speysiders for a long time, but I've come to enjoy a few of them, notably The MacAllan.

Black Bottle and Monkey Shoulder are on my "to try" list. Personally, my favourite blend is Baillie Nicol Jarvie (BNJ) - not as cheap as the known brands, but much nicer, IMO. As someone who's learned a vast amount on the subject from Ralfy Mitchell (ralfystuff on Youtube or ralfy.com), I've learned that what makes the difference between an average blend and a really good blend is the quality of the grain spirit.

chrisbell said:
Black Bottle and Monkey Shoulder are on my "to try" list. Personally, my favourite blend is Baillie Nicol Jarvie (BNJ) - not as cheap as the known brands, but much nicer, IMO. As someone who's learned a vast amount on the subject from Ralfy Mitchell (ralfystuff on Youtube or ralfy.com), I've learned that what makes the difference between an average blend and a really good blend is the quality of the grain spirit.

I forgot about that one. It's been a few years since I had a bottle and it was good stuff. Thanks for the reminder.

How do you all take your whisky?

I take mine to my own taste and how i like it...............a dash of water with one lump of ice in a blend and one lump of ice with a malt.

Straight out of the bottle while listening to punk music and shaving with a straight :p
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVIuyQFz0zo[/youtube]

Mainly single malts for me, there is a very good shop in Soho that sells about 100 different whiskys.
If I have to drink blended
Monkey Shoulder or JW Black Label.
Always neat no ice no water.
Not keen on very peaty single malts though.............
May have to try Asda/Co-op ones though............ ;)

A few whisky distillery tours i have been on recommends a spot of water. Reason being it opens up the aromas and enhances the flavour.

That to me is now the case as i used to drink mine neat and haven't done so since.

Back
Top Bottom