Preferred blended whisky

OK leaving aside all those lovely single malts; which blended Whisky do you like?
I've been trying a variety over the last few months and Whyte and Mackay Special is winning for me.
wmsp.jpg

Hmm, dunno really. I drink a little bit of whisky now and then, and as a result I get bottles of single malts from friends as pressies so I never seem to get through enough to buy my own bottles, blended or not.
My neighbour across the road drinks Teachers and that always seems alright to me.

Chivas Regal's quite nice although it's pushing up towards the price of a single malt. Of the cheaper blends Whyte & Mackay is probably the one I'd plump for, or dare I say it even Bells. I'm not a fan of Teachers or Grants at all. I'm more of a single malt fan though, any of the Islay ones or Glenfarclas from Speyside. For a session whiskey it's got to be Jameson's.

JW Black Label.

By a country mile.

I don't get all the fuss around single malts (other than peat monsters).

I find an orchestra much more interesting than a piano solo.

Grouse or Stewarts Cream of the Barley or whatever is on special offer..

I bought a bottle of White Grouse at the airport a while ago, which you are supposed to keep in the freezer and serve ice cold. Bit of a gimmick IMO.

Try Asda's own brand from their finest or best range or extra special range.

"AGED 12 YEARS. A SPECIALLY SELECTED RANGE OF FINE MALT WHISKIES FROM THE HIGHLAND AND SPEYSIDE REGIONS OF SCOTLAND, GENTLY MARRYING GRAIN WHISKIES RESULTING IN THE CREATION OF AN EXCEPTIONAL BLENDED WHISKY AGED FOR AT LEAST 12 YEARS IN OAK CASKS. SPECIALLY SELECTED FOR ASDA. What does it taste like? The taste is full and mouth-warming with a full and spicy sensation on the palate. The flavour is initially rich and mellow with hints of Seville oranges, fruit cake and almonds followed by traces of dark chocolate and gentle spices."

joe mcclaine said:
JW Black Label.

By a country mile.

I don't get all the fuss around single malts (other than peat monsters).

I find an orchestra much more interesting than a piano solo.

Potentially but not if it were a school orchestra, JWBL is for Japs and airports.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-HNsd_mcuY[/youtube]

Shoulda smashed all those violins.

Of the Supermarkets own brands I can recommend the Co-Ops own blends which I believe have scored highly in various international whisky comparisons. Quite smooth.

Im more of a peaty, tastes like splinters on your tongue single malt person meself.

Back
Top Bottom