Porridge

shrink said:
heroblob said:
I put some in a bowl, pour milk on it, add a spoon full of sugar stir. Place in microwave and nuke. remove from the microwave pour a little extra milk on the top and allow to cool until warm and set like jelly. Then enjoy. Very good for you. My routine breakfast.

yep... close to how i do it.

-oats in bowl
-2/3rds milk 1/3rd water into the bowl
-pinch of salt
-small spoon of sugar

into microwave for 3 mins, stir slightly, and in for 2 mins more.

yum

My microwave actually has a porridge setting on it. Very easy. I do like it set like concrete and luke warm. :D

Love the stuff. As an alternative, especially summer months try Bircher Muesli. This is just one version. Google it, there are dozens.

150g Porridge oats
75g Dried cranberries, blueberries or sultanas
1 Lemon, juice
2 Apples
2 tbsp Desiccated coconut
100ml Natural yogurt
25g Flaked almonds, toasted
150g Blackberries
2–4 tbsp Clear honey
Method

Place the oats and berries or sultanas in a bowl and pour over 200ml cold water and the lemon juice. Leave in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight. The following morning, peel, core and grate 1 apple and slice the other one.
Into the oat mix, stir the coconut, yogurt, almonds and grated apple. (The muesli will keep in the fridge for a few days, but don’t stir in the apple until you plan to eat it.) Transfer the muesli into bowls and top with apple slices and blackberries; drizzle with honey to taste.

Back
Top Bottom