Porridge

A warmer breakfast is now required but I've never taken to this warmed up snot.

I do keep trying to like it though...

Recipes, cooking methods, brands etc?

I put some in a bowl, pour milk on it, add a spoon full of sugar stir. Place in microwave and nuke. remove from the microwave pour a little extra milk on the top and allow to cool until warm and set like jelly. Then enjoy. Very good for you. My routine breakfast.

I can only stomach it with maple syrup. I add some seeds such as sunflower, pumpkin and linseed. I only eat it when Mrs PC makes it though so not sure of the best recipe, though I am aware that there are lots of different oats to choose from in the supermarket.

I just chuck a cupful of oats in the saucepan plus a couple of cupfuls of water. Take quite a while to heat and simmer.Then put it in a huge bowl, pour on freh milk until the the porridge floats, then get stuck in. Far too much for one and I only have it occasionally. Oh, and I do add salt while in the pot.

About my only other "cooking" is a baked potato and boiled eggs. I'll never be a master chef contestant.

I was put on this earth to enjoy other peoples talents. Not my own.

My wife usually cooks it for me in the morning, so by the time I've finished having a shave it's generally set and I have to loosen it up with milk. When I make it myself, 1 cup of oats, 1 cup of water and 1 cup of milk, pinch of salt, cook whilst stirring for 3-5 minutes, served with jam. Much better if it's not been left standing around.

Great stuff!

Make mine with milk.

Drop of honey.

Have had it with a handful of dried fruit thrown in too but +1 on the maple syrup - brilliant.

heroblob said:
I put some in a bowl, pour milk on it, add a spoon full of sugar stir. Place in microwave and nuke. remove from the microwave pour a little extra milk on the top and allow to cool until warm and set like jelly. Then enjoy. Very good for you. My routine breakfast.

Once ready, place in front of the kids and proceed to cook your egg and bacon.

RB73 said:
heroblob said:

:lol:

Not a fan then.

RB73 said:

:D Precisely, I know it's supposed to be good for me but so is a colonic, not inspired yet folks.

I can do Weetabix floor sweepings with extras but that's it.

Get a large bag of rolled oats (not these silly sachet things you get now).

1 Old Fashioned cup measure into a pan, put water into the pan to cover the oats add a little splash of milk.
Heat till at desired consistency, stirring throughout (only takes about 2 mins)

Add salt/sugar/honey/spice to taste.

Back
Top Bottom