Plisson L'Occitane

Interesting. I went into 3 outlets over the last 2 months prior to today and they were all out of stock and said they were unlikely to have anymore come in due to production.

As a coincidence a bought this brush from the Leicester store yesterday. They had at least another two on display.

I had a choice to make as one was what I believe was the earlier incarnation without the L'Occitane branding ie Plisson only. After comparing them side by side I opted for the unconventional choice of the one with the branding. To my eyes the handle looked a better finish and slightly bigger.

So I guess if you want either one get yourself to Leceister.

pjgh said:
Drop Muhle a note direct?
See: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=27429 ... 25mm pictured

No ferrule visible, just the knot, although in this thread (see: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=32227) a plastic ferrule is pictured, although perhaps removable or easily hidden in the donor handle.

I did manage to contact Muhle and it seems like I have a result he's gven me a cost for the 25mm Silvertip fibre including delivery which can only be purchased via email bit of a pain but it looks like I will be able to get hold of one.

pjgh said:
Super! The 23mm makes for a big brush! The 25mm looks enormous, compared.

I'm using a Muhle 25mm synthetic courtesy of Dave. It is enormous, almost as big as my Simpson Chubby, in fact it has a bigger loft. It lathers like a beast and plenty of backbone too.

pjgh said:
Give or take the conversion, dollars to pounds remains about equal ... $30 there is £30 here. Must be overheads for the champagne, or something :D

You guys are lucky, here in Hong Kong they have finally started selling them, but at HK$500 (c. USD65 or c. GBP40).

Re: RE: Plisson L'Occitane

browngeek said:
pjgh said:
Give or take the conversion, dollars to pounds remains about equal ... $30 there is £30 here. Must be overheads for the champagne, or something :D

You guys are lucky, here in Hong Kong they have finally started selling them, but at HK$500 (c. USD65 or c. GBP40).
That's only a fiver more than here iianm

Shemen Zait said:
browngeek said:
pjgh said:

Yeah, but you could buy half a kilo of Palmolive for that! ;)

Shemen Zait said:
browngeek said:
pjgh said:

Yep, but the GBP35 includes VAT, there is not VAT in HK.

Hi guys.

I just bought this brush in a loccitane shop here in Palma majorca were im on holiday.

The shelf price was €42.00. The . staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. I took it to the till and the girl asked for €31.00 wjich for me works out at roughly £22.00.

Lol i pretty much feel like ive stole it

Cant wait to try it after reading great reviews.

Occams Razor said:
Whosthedaddy said:
Got mine and and to be honest it's a 'meh'? Can't really see what the hype is for especially for the price too.
.... Really? 22 quids a steel though!

I got mine even cheaper on here, I mean the normal RRP of £30+ is joke considering my handle has started de laminating too?

It's quite the hype on this brush.

Don't get me wrong it's very soft and does the job although not how I use a brush? I like to paste the lather on, with this if you try this you spray the bathroom with lather if not careful. Just change the way I do it then? Yes, but also had a little trouble loading for a hard soap yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom