Panic buying !! Fuel Strike !

balidey said:
I've not bought petrol since last weekend. I buy a full tank, run to empty and refill again.
I'm due another tank full about Monday ish.
So if I need fuel I will got to a petrol station, queue, fill up.

How do I know if I am panic buying?
How do I let other people know I am not panic buying?
What if I forgot about a business trip tomorrow and need fuel before I'm empty. Does this make me a panic buyer?

HELP, I'm so confused. Am I a sheep?

I think it's going to calm down. But on the news they were saying it was being "rationed" to £35 in one garage. So you may not get a tank full on one visit.

Local Tesco had queues out onto the road and part blocking the nearby roundabout. BP across same roundabout no queue but 2p a litre more! We now have panic economy buying. Expect the herd ended up spending more by waiting.

Yesterdays government "advice" was nothing more than fanning the flames (yes, good one eh?).

Give advice to everybody and cause chaos, even though there has been no strike, and get everybody to turn against the tanker drivers.

How stupid do they think we are?

Tanker drivers and government, 2 lots of greedy pricks.

Ian

I just don't get why people panic in such a way.

Exeter has apparently had problems all day today.

I can understand if people need fuel (like Dipesh did), but I can't reason why everyone else needs to fill up unnecessarily.

The local paper reports that 'Halfords has reported that sales of fuel cans up 225% compared with this time last year with motorists buying in "the thousands".

I've got about 1/6th of a tank left which should last until Monday so will only start worrying about it then.

I'm supposed to be going to Durham Saturday for a mods meeting for another forum (cars, this time), but since the last three fuel stations I saw were completely dry and I don't have enough to get me there and back, my non-refundable hotel room may get wasted... Grrrr.

I filled up yesterday as I was travelling to Wales in the evening. Had to spend 15 minutes queuing. As I arrived in Wales around midnight, I took the opportunity of late night empty forecourts and filled up ready for my journey home on Sunday, save me having to endure more stupid queues.

My son just got home from work, he has passed 4 garages on the way home none of which had any Diesel left, so he was panicking about getting to work tomorrow. Good job I had a gallon in the garage.

In a couple of days it will all be normal as everyone will have full tanks, and all the garages will have refilled as no one will be buying any.

CMOT said:
Local Tesco had queues out onto the road and part blocking the nearby roundabout. BP across same roundabout no queue but 2p a litre more! We now have panic economy buying. Expect the herd ended up spending more by waiting.

Same here I filled up at a bp no queue there at all drove by sainsburys round the corner massive queue all that hassle they most be going through to save a quid or 2.

Ps no panic buying here I was empty and fill up once or twice a week from proper empty too full

It gets worse!
556076_10150645693989072_708929071_9418157_158646620_n.jpg

Of course there is the fact its almost end of tax year and all this panic buying will be filling the tax office with cash just before the end of the month......seems a little suspect to me.

Back
Top Bottom