Palmolive soap stick - how do you use it?

Grated and mixed in with a similarly grated La Toja stick pressed into a round plastic storage clip container and it lathers just by looking at it...a drip a thin veneer of hot water onto it before I shower and leave it. Unfailingly produces a thick, creamy, cushioning, slippy lather.

Jon

The Palmolive stick works best for me when I have two or three days growth. It's easier for the longer bristles to capture the soap as I run it all over my beard.

Funnily enough, I recently ditched the stick that I had pressed into the mini casserole dish, as said receptacle is too large for me to hold comfortably without risking dropping it. I'm now using a new stick as a stick, and it's working well for me.

I use these when travelling and if I shave in the shower. Also if I need to shave quickly, it's an ideal way to get the job done in a hurry. Just wet it and rub it all over my face before each pass. Brushes up to a lather nice and easily.

I have stuck the remains of a stick into a mixed tub of left-overs too. Worked well in that way too, as a soap to load my brush with before building a lather in a bowl. One soap I always have in stock and really rate.

Burgundy said:
I've found the girlfriend's water in Bournemouth to be harder than anything I've experienced before; I presume Lymington has similar properties?

Using your girlfriend's water to shave in is a sign of true love.

With any shave stick, a couple of runs round the Suribachi, a quick wipe of the brush on the stick and you'll have oodles of lather.

Something else new to try.

I picked myself up a couple of sticks from S'drug the other day at 79p each and added them to my cream store. I've only been doing this a year but I've already got enough shaving cream to keep me going for years.

Anyway tried it this morning and was very impressed, easy to use, rubbed stick on to wet face and hey presto a really good shave. This will definitely be my first choice for travel. Nice creamy lather and a nice but slightly weaker smell than the tubes and for 79p brilliant. One question though, would a stick last for a fortnights holiday with average everyday use?

Cheers,
BR

joe mcclaine said:
blackrat said:
One question though, would a stick last for a fortnights holiday with average everyday use?

Cheers,
BR

You'll get 87.5 shaves from a stick ... roughly.

Well that seems to take care of the two week holiday but now I have another question. Is the 0.5 of a shave 1 and half passes or half a pass and did you calibrate your stick first?

Cheers,
BR

joe mcclaine said:
blackrat said:
One question though, would a stick last for a fortnights holiday with average everyday use?

Cheers,
BR

You can get 87.632 shaves if you use an electron microscope to check for exhaustion.

With an optical 'scope you'll be damn lucky to get 87.618

Vetinari said:
joe mcclaine said:
blackrat said:

Cheers,
BR

You can get 87.632 shaves if you use an electron microscope to check for exhaustion.

With an optical 'scope you'll be damn lucky to get 87.618

Fair dues, I only had a pumpf spoke and giggle pin at the time.

I'm sorry guys but I don't think you've done the calculation very well. There doesn't appear to be any accounting for water residue prior to stick use nor how many pass of the stick pre- brush. I'm not entirely sure that the giggle pin wasn't calibrated properly either, so probably best to err on the side of caution and go for 87.179. This only allows for 3-pass shaves until the end of the stick when you'll have to manage with slightly less than a 1-pass shave. Perhaps just do the best side of your face that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom