Palmolive soap stick - how do you use it?

I had another go at using it as intended this morning. But it was so uncomfortable!

So it was back to stuffing it into a mini casserole dish I use for it. I needed to soften it with a few seconds in the microwave before beating it into submission.

Does anyone still use this stick as intended by rubbing it on their face?

RE: Palmolive soap sick - how do you use it?

Yes I use this by rubbing on the stubble and think I works very well - but no better or worse than squeezing or grating into a bowl - I do the same with Arko and have tried Erasmic as well but this seems to be harder and I don't think works as well

Re: Palmolive soap sick - how do you use it?

Palmolive sick! Blimey...

Anyway I had a thread on here about grating a Palmolive stick. Not site how to link to it, but you can search on my profile for it.

I grated one in a bowl then use it like normal soap., lathered up a treat!

thrifty said:
Palmolive sick! Blimey...

Anyway I had a thread on here about grating a Palmolive stick. Not site how to link to it, but you can search on my profile for it.

I grated one in a bowl then use it like normal soap., lathered up a treat!

Well spotted! Mea culpa! Pride forces me to correct it!

If you wet your face, as well as the end of the stick, it really oughtn't present any challenge to load enough soap even with a light touch! It's a softer soap than the likes of La Toja which happily loads in exactly the same way!

I've found the girlfriend's water in Bournemouth to be harder than anything I've experienced before; I presume Lymington has similar properties?

Greetings

I use it the same as you Peter but I grate it into a container, your thumbs are obviously much stronger than mine (probably caused by gripping the handlebars for grim death on your Moto -Guzzi)

I have found out the hard way that if you 'nuke' tallow based soaps in the microwave, you must do so very carefully and only for a few seconds because unlike Glycerine based soaps the 'fat' in them will burn.

I have used it as a stick and it works fine but it pulls your whiskers, or perhaps I have just become an old softie!

Regards
Dick.

I grated my Palmolive stick, but like gairdner, I don't like it. I used the Speik stick in the manner it was intended, but I didn't like that either, as you said, uncomfortable.

Scott.

It is easier to use - marginally - once grated. Wet face. Wet end of stick. Rub around the face, trying to cover your whole face with this seemingly thin layer. Then lather with a lightly brush on the face.

Don't get me wrong it works well and lathers up a treat in grated form. However, it dries my delicate, feminine complexion and smells like an unwashed tramp spilled a bottle of nicked AS down his front. :p

Been using PO stick since I started de shaving last October and just wet my face and scrape the stick over my beard, take my new New Forest brush, thanks Fido, and lather up. Usually a great shave with no problems.
Sounds like some of you guys are getting soft :)
Cheers
Jfw

I just keep it as a stick and rub it over the the stubble

It's only ever used for travel - would much rather have a cream in a tub, but when you're travelling light it works does a great job for me

Re: RE: Palmolive soap stick - how do you use it?

Gairdner said:
Don't get me wrong it works well and lathers up a treat in grated form. However, it dries my delicate, feminine complexion and smells like an unwashed tramp spilled a bottle of nicked AS down his front. :p

Mmmmm! Unwashed tramp. That's the effect I've been aiming for. I always spill aftershave down my front....as the bottle slips when I raise it to my lips :)

Back
Top Bottom