P&B v OSP v Wickhams

A great shave today with Wickham's 1912 prototype. This is definitely the closest I've found to the richly tallowed vintage soaps I enjoy using so much.
Same here, though I just received a 'tweaked' formula yesterday which I'll be using most of the week. Beyond that, I have a stack of Bufflehead soaps I need to use and compile a review post. Or CRSW, which I also have some new stuff.

SOTD 12/3/16

Hot Towel, Phoenix & Beau Solaris, Body Shop Synthetic, Merkur 39C, Astra SS(6), Cold Towel

I miss the Mongoose already! Such a smooth shaver (even in comparison to the smooth 39C), and so quick! That said, Solaris was a wonderfully fresh shave this morning, light and cool.

upload_2016-3-12_9-28-14.png

I have tested P&B against OSP on separate cheeks for the last two days. Same razor and brush. I find that P&B does provide more cushion, slickness I find to be fairly consistent. The residual slickness after the face is washed is apparent with both products. Scent wise P&B is definitely stronger from what I own and the lack of sweet lime much appreciated! The bouquet also develops throughout the shave, similar to a high end aftershave, I am wondering where Kerry gets his scent profiles from! As a tester I wasn't keen on several scents provided, however, within the soap it is brilliant!

So from tomorrow we will be continuing with a new soap, I'll be dropping out as I'm away and will be taking high menthol soaps with me. So anyone interested in taking it forward next week step forward :)

Last edited:
I have tested P&B against OSP on separate cheeks for the last two days. Same razor and brush. I find that P&B does provide more cushion, slickness I find to be fairly consistent. The residual slickness after the face is washed is apparent with both products. Scent wise P&B is definitely stronger from what I own and the lack of sweet lime much appreciated! The bouquet also develops throughout the shave, similar to a high end aftershave, I am wondering where Kerry gets his scent profiles from! As a tester I wasn't keen on several scents provided, however, within the soap it is brilliant!

So from tomorrow we will be continuing with a new soap, I'll be dropping out as I'm away and will be taking high menthol soaps with me. So anyone interested in taking it forward next week step forward :)
Thanks @Nishy and the scent profiles are determined from my own Mark 1 Nose.

I'm within my month with MNS, Lavender, so I can start a week, with some delay, with Lavender scent. No matter the brand. OK? So we keep the figure light and warm

Just an idea, but why does it have to be artisan vs. artisan? I am quite happy to stand hand in hand with my artisan brothers (and sister!) and take on the big boys together.

Why not Artisan vs non-Artisan?
Hi James, the reason behind the artisan v artisan is to help develop and understand the positives of each artisan as opposed to compete and dethrone. To be honest major manufacturers are already well known. With the rise in artisan products its more a case of aiding consumer awareness IMO, as opposed to hailing the new kid on the block every other month or so.

A "verses" situation could of course end in a draw, so it doesn't necessarily mean someone HAS to win.

I am aware that my opinion and preferences are different to others so wouldnt take anyone elses comments as gospel anyway.

I just saw this as a bit of fun, to get people talking more about the soaps rather than a challenge to determine the best???

Eitherway, life's short, so who really cares????

;-)

A "verses" situation could of course end in a draw, so it doesn't necessarily mean someone HAS to win.

I am aware that my opinion and preferences are different to others so wouldnt take anyone elses comments as gospel anyway.

I just saw this as a bit of fun, to get people talking more about the soaps rather than a challenge to determine the best???

Eitherway, life's short, so who really cares????

;-)
I wholeheartedly agree.

To be honest gents, my comment was only playing devil's advocate in a way. I know you are just comparing and raising awareness etc.

However, I am of course starting to really push the artisan movement, so this ir something very close to my heart (the artisans vs the big boys)

Back
Top Bottom