Other forums?

I don't go to any of the BST pages on any forum, is that the only reason you fellas sign in to forums? What if there were no BST sections, would you not be here?
For me, other forums are just for bst sections and some news that might not have arrived to this forum. Other than that this is the forum I’m using, no matter whether it has BST or not. Others if they didn’t have bst I probably wouldn’t bother since got no time to keep on top of few forums lol!

I must say that I’m somewhat agnostic in this regard. I’m a member of 5 shaving forums: TSR, ATG, SMF, Shavenook and B&B. In the early days I frequented B&B mostly followed by SMF. In recent years I found that B&B had become too large, fanboyish and the moderation too onerous for my liking. SMF has become somnolent, unfortunately. Today it’s primarily ATG and TSR, with the occasional foray into the Shavenook. Many years ago I was banned from a forum (I think it was The Shave Den) for being rude. To this day I’m not 100% sure as to what I was rude about, but I think it was my comment that I found it odd that the member with the most posts was a woman/female.

Last edited:
I am all shaving forums, but I am now at end with shaving. I have all that I need to last twice my lifetime. There are negatives about most forums. B&B: too frequently evangelical about DE shaving, banning brands, puritanical on adult themes but very supportive on guns, ammo and killing trespassers. Shave Nook, doesn't allow third party links so is quite boring. The Shave den was good, but the people I knew left. Although the religious threads and comments were weird. Apparently God is looking out for me on there.

I actually started a thread on B&B “who is the most gentlemanly gentleman on B&B?” and it was replied to with total sincerity and without any hint of irony.

I prefer it here.

Oh, you mean me!!

McAU4fP.jpg

I am all shaving forums, but I am now at end with shaving. I have all that I need to last twice my lifetime. There are negatives about most forums. B&B: too frequently evangelical about DE shaving, banning brands, puritanical on adult themes but very supportive on guns, ammo and killing trespassers. Shave Nook, doesn't allow third party links so is quite boring. The Shave den was good, but the people I knew left. Although the religious threads and comments were weird. Apparently God is looking out for me on there.
What's wrong with guns, ammo and killing trespassers?

As a maker it would be advantageous to drop into lots of forums but it’s TSR predominately for me and ATG secondly. It was a customer of mine that suggested I introduce my self to TSR and I’m glad he did. I thought these kind of forums were for weirdos ( how right I was … ) but that couldn’t be more from the truth. Actually not only have I had great support from such a friendly group but I’ve learnt a lot about shaving from members posts. I never knew how different razor blades could be and how so many elements impact on lathering. I don’t do SOTD postings for obvious reasons (they would just be a cheap skate way of advertising) but I get a great deal of pleasure seeing my soaps posted here. I hope I don’t take advantage of these with supporting remarks but it’s my way of giving something back and showing the “face of a maker”. Not sure I have become a convert to Japanese bands though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom